Countdown to Christmas 2019 - Day 85 - Making Something out of Nothing - Felt n Fabric Decorations






One of the things that pleases me most is making something out of nothing or what appears to be nothing.  Especially if no further financial outlay has to be incurred in the process.

Out of habit I tend to hold onto little bits of this and that never knowing quite when they will be used but knowing one day that they will get used.

I was looking for some ideas the other day on some simple decorations to make for my home this Christmas when I found this tutorial on how to make a scrap garland from felt.  I liked the cheerfulness of it but I thought, I have that box of felt pieces in the back bedroom that is a good way to make something for nothing and hopefully all of those scraps will get used up and I will have one less box to deal with.

The tutorial is here Felt Garland and it is from Pam Garrison's lovely blog.  What a lovely simple tutorial one I can work whilst I am watching the TV and need to have something being worked in my hands.

Thought I would share as I know quite a few of you also like making little bits and bobs for your home in the run up to Christmas.

This is  not my photo - still without camera but is one I found on the internet

\



I think that this would be a good one for the kiddies to get involved with I also think it would look lovely strung across a fireplace.

Well another project for me to do in the run up to Christmas.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I love decorations which use stuff you have already! And I love projects which I can work on in the evening whilst watching TV. My OH is not so fond of the occasional needle or pin which gets left around the living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, so do I. You don't have to spend a lot to make something lovely. I have always played with fabric, lace, embroidery threads, crochet and a little knitting from time to time. I was one of these children who made outfits for her Sindy doll - still have the doll and the outfits, and the penthouse and all the furniture. I cannot just sit have to have something on the go otherwise I don't think that I have been pulling my weight properly. Hope you are okay. I get into trouble with pins and needles too. At one stage I had a magnet which was very useful but I am not sure where that has got to. Will need to source a replacement I think. Hope you are keeping well. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts