It has been non-stop this evening

I am not very good at time management and am on a steep learning curve with this both at home and at work.  Oh well tiz only the depth that varies and I am either up to my neck or something is rattling around my ankles.

I have not stopped since I got in.  I was late away from work this evening as I had taken a call last minute and cleared this up before leaving work with the assistance of some very lovely and helpful work colleagues.  I cannot face half jobs first thing of a morning.

In any event I had already decided that this evening I was going to do some more work on my scripts titivate them a bit and make them a bit more me whilst keeping in the professional obligations of the company and it is now 22:49 and I still have to type up some of the bits of bobs.  Will have to complete the rest tomorrow but I want it a lot more free flowing than it is at the moment more people orientated as it were.  So I shall be commencing that in a few moments.  I am tired and I hope I am not too late with finishing the part-work as I have to be up at 6:30am in readiness to be out of the house for about 7:15am.

However since arriving home at Pattypan's abode. My feet have not touched the floor.  We walked Missy and it was about 6:15pm before we got home with her.

We then had tea, homemade beef-burgers with cheese and lots of fried onion a couple apiece and some fresh fruit for afters.  I then set too in the kitchen, peeling the veg for tomorrow night's tea.  We have the roast pork and I have sweet potato, potato, carrot and onion to roast under the pork so hopefully we should have a nice mixture of veggies.  We then have asparagus, mashed potato and cabbage and peas to accompany the same.

I then cleared in front of the door and gave the pavement and inside the porch a good scrub out.  The first scrub up but it looks tidier.  I shall have another go at it tomorrow and clear a bit more in the process.  I have managed to get rid of three large bags of rubbish this evening which is satisfying, but I still have a lot of tidying to do.  I am hoping to do a bit each night if I am up to it - the majority of the work in the kitchen.  I also have to turf and scrub out each cupboard and then sort out the contents and get all the useful stuff in situ -  the stuff I use the most.  But a good start has been made now just need to keep at it.  This is going to take the best part of the week at this rate but hopefully I should get a good run at the weekend with it.

More washing and drying has also been done.  The wiring got sorted yesterday well partially but the rest will be sorted out come payday.

A little surprise turned up last night  - not where I expected it to.  I have found my current passport.  Hurrah.  Still have not found the original birth certificate or the other bits of paperwork I am seeking but OH now knows where my passport is.  Best part about it was that he had seen it where it was found and had thought it to be my old one.  Never mind you just cannot get the staff these days.

Sorry it is short and sweet folks - am having to prioritise and work earns me a living so I have to give it the requisite attention despite just wanting to rest.  However, it is all part of me tweaking things to make things better for me in the long-term.  I am starting to realise where I am going wrong and also working out where things are and how to do certain things.  Small steps in the greater scheme of things as I am still terribly slow but I have some ideas which I intend to put in place tomorrow - the typing I am going to do has something to do with this.

Right must dash.

Catch up soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Pfff getting tired just reading this!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things I ever bought at a car-boot sale was a metal box with a handle on it. It is a bit bigger than a box file and has a latch-type lock. The key was missing but at £1 it was just what I had been looking for to keep all my paperwork together. It sits in the bottom of my wardrobe and I have wallets in for bank stuff, insurance documents, birth certificates etc. Sometimes I do just throw things in there if I haven't got time to file them properly but I go through it regularly to make sure everything is in order. The crux of organisation, for me, is to have a designated place for everything and to be disciplined in putting the right thing in the right place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts