Long and enjoyable .....

week that is.  As I indicated earlier in the week I have been going in an hour earlier than we normally do so that I can get into work with OH.  Fortunately he is on lates next week, but as a result of learning, and being up longer I have been absolutely shattered.  Shattered in a good way.  

I am slowly getting to grips with the new system; I have up until now been primarily concentrating on how to operate the system so that I can go on automatic pilot with that side of things.  Despite dealing with clients in the past part of my new job is to talk to customers and arrange deliveries etc.  Something I am not used to.  Yesterday I started in earnest on the phones and they moved me along pretty quickly from voicemails to dealing with clients.  Today I have been doing a mix of outward calls, voicemail messages and taking incoming calls as well.  It has been a very strong learning curve, but this afternoon  I was placed on my own computer and then dealing with a similar mix this afternoon.  Fortunately we still have our Trainers and other members of staff to access if we should have any queries or wish to discuss particular elements.  It is a very supportive environment and everyone treats you with respect and your input counts.  That is very refreshing from my perspective as I am being made to feel part of the team even though I have only been with them a little while.

So despite being out of work for 14 months, I am now happy to be back working away.  I have made friends with another colleague who started the same day as myself as well and we have been placed opposite each other which I am also very pleased about.

Yesterday after all day on the phones, I had a very sore throat.  I thought at one stage I was going to lose my voice, but it has settled down again. I have just been making sure that I have plenty of water to keep my vocal chords lubricated.

Because of the longer hours I have tried to get to bed earlier as I have been shattered.  I think my planning in respect of what I can and cannot do in the house during the week will also have to take into account the fact that it will depend on whether or not we are on earlies (as in this week) or late shift!  Probably when we are on the earlies more will have to be done over the weekend.

I am apparently (according to OH) getting myself more organised in respect of being ready and out of the house in good time to arrive at work.  At least I am getting something right!  However if there is a wrong way to do something I usually find it!  A point in case is that this morning I took some milk into the office for my tea.  By the time I unpacked everything it had managed to spill itself all over my notes which I had typed up the other night for my own precedents and use.  There is an awful lot of extra information that we have to take into account when dealing with certain things i.e. use this with that and other things which come into play if so and so happens.  I managed to get it all mopped up but it was an accident I could have done without!  I may have to retype them at some point.  Most of them were in plastic sleeves but the ones that I was given yesterday had not made it into their sleeves.

OH has a day to himself off tomorrow whilst I will be at work.  Then it will be the weekend and I will have been with the firm for two weeks.  Strangely enough I am kind of enjoying it!

I am looking forward to the weekend although I have an awful lot of stuff to do.  Stuff I need to do to get organised but Rome was not built in a day, but need to get more done than I have been achieving thus far.

Despite me working having such an impact on my social life, the time itself is passing relatively quickly and there is no time for "clock watching".  Hopefully I will be able to catch up with my friends and colleagues once I get more used to the new to me routines.

We have had stir fry for tea utilising the remnants of a chicken we had for tea.  As usual it has turned out to be a very filling meal and has used up veggies that were lurking with intent in the fridge. I don't like to waste anything if I can help it.

Right am off to potter.

Catch up soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts