Tonight and Tomorrow

Tonight I am absolutely shattered.  I have been solo for most of the day.  I got into a bit of a panic earlier on as you get calls coming through whilst you are planning out a piece of work and it kind of throws you - well it has been me.  However I put the big girls panties on, so I have pulled them up firmly and this afternoon I got stuck in and things started to go much better.  However I need to do more preparation and have to work something out for myself to make things easier.  Part of the problem is that the codes for product mean something and it is trying to read what they say and interpret what they mean as well to relay to the client.  Well Rome was not built in a day and on Monday I will have been with them two weeks.  I always aim to please and do a good job; its healthy to make mistakes but I suppose it is the only way I am going to learn.  Hopefully things will go a lot better on Monday.  I am also not familiar yet with all the procedures and sub-sections on work etc or where to find them.   Trouble is because I am working away with my usual zeal I forget all about the time and totally forgot my tea break this afternoon and then for a similar reason I was late leaving.

I had planned on doing a little work this evening but I am too tired.  I therefore intend to get up with OH in the morning and then  get stuck in with what I had planned to do this evening.  It involves a lot of bin bags, cleaning and sorting things out.  It is going to be a long day and I am going to be in the kitchen to start with.  I am more than likely going to be there most of the day and tomorrow evening.  I hope to have a little lay in on Sunday morning before getting stuck in again.  Hopefully then I can start on the bathroom;  failing that it will be finishing off the kitchen and starting on the bathroom and finishing off during the week.

This evening we have had beef sausages and tinned tomatoes with plenty of white pepper and some bread and butter to mop up the juices with.  It has gone down very nicely.  It is a favourite meal.  Tonight it was beef sausage as every so often I like to ring the changes.  We do the same with pork sausages.  The only stipulation is that they must be good quality sausages.

For tomorrow I intend to make a Cottage pie with lots of cheese on top.

It is getting more and more nippy of an evening.  We have so far held off putting the heating on.  However if it gets much colder then it will be going on however ideally I want to be a lot tidier before the flick of the switch takes place.  For now thick jumpers are helping

OH is working tomorrow.  I have been told that I can work overtime - not next week but the week after and (I believe it is when OH will be on earlies).  As I go in with him and wait I might as well be earning a little overtime.  There is also the every other Saturday stint to do as well.  I think that will happen once they are happy with us coping on our own.

We have some cabling to sort out in the kitchen tomorrow so that I can get the washing machine and tumbler on the go. The fuses blew the other day.  For sometime I have been unhappy with the arrangements for how we have things distributed and I have asked OH to have a look tomorrow afternoon when he comes home from work.  That will be a good job out of the way with and one of the reasons I am concentrating on the kitchen tomorrow.

There is no peace for the wicked!  I do hope I was a good sort of wicked - if you are paying the price for something it needs to be a kind of settling up to my way of thinking.  You need to get your money's worth!

I am missing seeing some of my friends as regularly as I have done, but as I have said before we need to put some serious effort into getting ourselves back on keel with everything.  Create strong foundations as the saying goes.  Once you have good sturdy foundations you can build absolutely anything you want to.

Once the kitchen and the bathroom are sorted OH will receive some new kitchen responsibilities and also have to load the dishwasher of an evening after tea.  He is not leaving the responsibility of everything down to me.  Especially after he has had today off and rested.  Once things are tidy again he will have no excuse especially if I am working similar hours.

Hopefully as I have said on Sunday I will be able to get some meals prepped up for in the week.  That will make things a lot easier.  As I have said before it is all about creating new routines and finding newer and better ways to do things.  Even if things need minor adjustment and tweaking it should make life easier in the longer term and at the end of the day we have to find out what will work to us in the longer term.

Right I am going to flop am off to feed the gremlins and then am going to turn in and cuddle up under a blanket or two.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts