A Quick Shop and Some Little Extras for the Pantry Shelf

For a long time I have not been able to indulge my love of coffee due to it triggering IBS.  However for the last three weeks I have been able to enjoy my coffee without any side effects.  I am not saying that if I drank more than a cup of coffee that I would not be side effect free.  Since trialling the Lyon Coffee bags No 2, I have more or less been able to enjoy a cup of coffee a day and for me that has been bliss.

As I had run out of my Coffee bags I asked OH to run me down to Waitrose which is where I purchased my first box from.  My Co-Op do not at the moment sell these. OH has subsequently taken me down there and I not only picked up my Coffee bags, but also some other goodies as well.  Well I think they are goodies and I see the potential.

I also managed to get an offer on some of the long thin red chillies 2 x bags for £1.  I bought 4 x of the bags of chillies and intend to make some Chilli jam with them.  This is something that we both like.  Indeed I might nip back tomorrow and see if I can procure a few more to make some Sweet Chilli sauce as well.

I also picked up a large bag of fresh mint and intend to also put this into the Pantry as long keeping mint sauce.  This is something that I tend to do every year, however I have run out of my stock-pile as it is one of OH's favourite condiments. Note to one-self to put up more Mint Sauce this year than I usually do.

I have also come back with some fresh Oregano for use in Italian dishes.  I am just going to simply dry this in little bunches and then once dry, strip the leaves down into small storage jars and then add to any kind of pasta dish.

Also purchased was some fresh Rosemary and also a box of Maldon Sea Salt to turn this into Rosemary salt which is delicious on home made chips.  It really lifts the level of the chips.

I therefore have, just with a few little extra ingredients quite a few little additions for my pantry shelf all of them packed with lots of flavour and none of them costing the absolute earth.

Right am off to get my tea,

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I do like to have a good store of herbs around for cooking. I have a rosemary bush which is handy year round. How nice you can enjoy your coffee again. I cut back to 2 or 3 cups a week of coffee, aiming to keep my stomach happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terra, I have been off coffee for about 11 years, but this seems to be suiting me nicely which I am pleased about. I use a lot of herbs and spices in cooking. The Rosemary salt got done last night and is now "curing". The salt dries the herbs out and you can preserve whole sprays of Dill and Fennell this way. I have plans to do a Chive salt later on in the week as well. Hope you are keeping well. Hugs Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts