Reusing Ferrero Rocher sweet Case Boxes

I am planning on executing a small project utilising  four box cases that formerly held Ferrero Rocher chocolates which I have managed to save. They are nice boxes, a little fragile but I have an idea to turn these into containers for storing my "junk jewellery" ear-rings in.  They are easily stackable and I can add more layers if I need to.   I need to do something to store my ear-rings in so that I can find them easily.  These boxes because they are clear seemed to me to be ideal.  It is also utilising something that would otherwise be sent to landfill.  It is here, so I may as well make use of them. 

I am thinking to make some fabric wadded card bases for the bottom of each tray and then place the ear-rings onto the finished pads.  I shall also sort out a label to disguise the central label which will not come off and seems to be an integral part of the box. May look to my Big Shot and the dies I have to find something suitable.  I was actually going through a load of those dies last night.  Need I say that a lot of them are Christmas based.

There are still the gold inserts in the plastic trays and I shall use them to cut the wadded bases templates and then hand finish them with some ribbon and beads.

I hate wasting anything that can potentially be recycled/upcycled into something else.

I had previously held one of these boxes to hold some beadwork that I have on the go.  However, far too fragile for beads.  They ended up all over the floor after being caught slightly.

If any more come to hand I will turn them into a gift box for some Christmas presents I intend making.

That is the plan in any event and hopefully it should not take too much doing.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts