A quick pop in

The sun is shining, the wind is still blustery and I am stuck in the pantry. 



I am currently nursing an off-colour cat who is seriously off his food at the moment.  Am breaking his meals down into smaller portions throughout the day.  Poor Demetri is never off his food he is at the moment though so I am keeping an eye on him.  Bless him.  It does not help that he does not eat "cat food" meaning cat meat. He used to live next door with a completely Bohemian couple - they moved and then he left them three times I took him in after they indicated that they no longer wanted him. I am not sure that he was ever fed cat food but I have never been able to tempt him on this. So am reverting to fish and chicken broken down into a paste, eggs, some rice and he seems to be interested in that.  He used to manage the biscuits but does not seem to want them at the moment.  We think he is nearly 15 years of age.  One of the most placid cats that I have had and one of the most loving.  Such a gentleman.

I could not get to the needlepoint last night as I did not find the light box.  So picked up a UFO crochet project which is a small blanket being worked in individual squares so at least it is something to pick up whilst I am sat down for a few moments here and there.

Right am off to grab a coffee and then back into the pantry it is taking longer than anticipated.  Well that is par for the course here.

Try and catch up later.  

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hope Demetri is feeling better soon. I love have a good sort out in my pantry I hope you manage to show some photos when it is all done. Love fluffy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fluffy, the pantry is not going very well at the moment and will endeavour to post photos once all sorted out. Demetri is trying at the moment, which is one of the things I look for but really I just have to enjoy him whilst I have him and if that means doing things differently then I will. Hope you are okay take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Demetri perks up soon.
    My food cupboards are driving me mad at the moment as there is far too much stuff in them. My daughter is a keen cook, and now that she's living with us again there are things in there that I wouldn't usually have, and which are taking up a lot of space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scarlet, thank you for your good wishes. He is a little brighter today but I have fed him small amounts throughout the day which I think may be suiting him better. Will keep an eye on him in any event. It is good that your daughter cooks, but the youngsters today tend to have a different idea of food these days. My step-daughter and my step-son would eat anything when they were at home. However my step-daughter in particular has made a bit of a rod for her own back with her children as some will not eat this and some will not eat that and it is usually the stuff that is good for them. We are taking them on holiday later in the year so I think things might get interesting for me in the kitchen as well. Take care and you will soon reclaim your space. Hugs Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts