Very Lucky

The sun has just come out at 4:45pm we have not seen it all day, it has been grey, wet and dismal.  Wind has been blowing but not as bad as it could have been.



Last night was very wet, very windy and noisy.  We seem to have got through it relatively unscathed compared to the rest of the country so I class us as very lucky.  However our thoughts go out to those who have been badly affected.

We have had a quiet day.  The washing machine has been whirring and the tumble dryer doing its stuff.  The roast beef is gently cooking; this time round am doing it with garlic; we are fans. Otherwise just going to serve it simply with Yorkshire puddings peas, cauliflower, carrots and some steamed cabbage and roast potatoes.  That should do very nicely.  Still a little stuffed from our tea last night which was delicious; roasted mixed vegetables cooked with Italian sausages.  That had lots of garlic in too and was extremely tasty.

I have tried to sit and do some more needlepoint today but the light is  not right.  I need to locate that light box which should make things a lot easier in the long run.  If I can find it for this evening I may well give it another bash later on.  When I work on something I like to do the best that I can to make it look really neat and tidy.  Once worked it will be another UFO for a while until I can get to my local fabric shop to sort out the fabric for the cushion surround, backing and I also need to source a feather cushion pad.

Right am off to carry on with tea.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Tomorrow it is a case of  Pantry here we come; it needs doing and before lots of other stuff is done so that I can get stuff stored elsewhere back into the pantry.

Comments

Popular Posts