Planning for Easter Part Two

This is a follow on post to my earlier post on Easter with what I have to hand so far.  I still have to check the boxes out.

Lets face it, I am a lost cause. I just lovely beautiful things and thus far throughout my life I have come across opportunities where I have been able to add such lovely things to my different collections.  I am a collector I suppose.  Currently not how I used to collect, but a revised version of this.  These days I go for those bits and bobs that speak to me - if I can afford it that is.  Equally though I do object to paying through the nose for things.

I love pretty china pieces at the best of time and have several egg shaped items that are extremely pretty including the two boxes below.  They form part of my Easter collection and are brought out to add a little more interest to the room or the table.





Following on from my previous post in relation to Easter, I have also for a while been collecting "Egg Coddlers".  The expensive pretty ones that used to cost an arm and a leg.  Although the ones I have are mixed sizes and patterns I have picked them up for next to nothing from various charity shops for no more than £2 at the most.  I am still keeping my eyes open for some more to add to the collection.  I enclose a link on how to coddle an egg for those of you who have never "coddled" one before.






Coddled Eggs Techniques

Coddled eggs with difference

I love fresh flowers in the house such as these and have a collection of vintage vases including the one below.



This little tea trivet was bought for my mum by my dad not long after they got married.  When I was a child I always believed it was an embroidery but it is a printed paper piece. It is the tea trivet mum always used to use for Sunday tea so it is appropriate that it should be joining my list of items for use hopefully come Easter Tea time.



Some more pretty china pieces.  I have several of these two, the majority being Aynsley.  However these few pieces are another well named brand which escapes me at present.  They look particularly pretty on a tea table especially if you have someone in the family who is sensitive to flower blossom.  Helps cheer a table up and make it look prettier.






I love these floral pieces and have some others as well as I was bought a couple of pretty pieces for my 18th and 21st birthday pressies.  Not sure where they are at the moment though.

There will be another part to follow - hopefully that will be the last installment on the collecting bit for Easter.  I hope me sharing some of my bits and bobs also gives you some ideas for your own Easter decorations.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. What a beautiful collection. I love flowers and have a weakness for any china with a floral pattern on it, particularly if it's pink! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fluffy. I love china and glass and..... that is part of my problem anything floral, anything pretty. my best china is by Colclough and covered in rosesxx

      Delete
  2. The egg shaped boxes with violets on them were so beautiful to me. So delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, I have some other similar boxes which I cannot get to at the moment. However I do love these. They were charity shop finds and did not cost very much and they are bone china. Anything with violets on reminds me of picking them in the wild as a little girl xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts