Quieter Day than anticipated

It has been a hot old day today far too hot for me that I appear to be starting with a migraine which is not good either.  I need to be in the sun for vitamin D deficiency but as I am fair my skin burns ever so quickly despite sun screen and getting the balance right is a tricky one.  These things are sent to try us.

We went to the fish man and came away with fresh Cromer crab, Crevettes, some crayfish and some smoked haddock. We then went on to the butchers and have stocked up a bit more on the meat front.  Have bought some more Beef steak, mince, Pork mince a beef rib for tomorrow, some Chinese style pork steaks, some Rump steak this time round.  As seasonality plays a big part  at this Butchers it is nice to go and cherry pick those items that appeal whilst also being sensible and stocking up on basics like mince and stewing steak or sausages, chipolatas or bacon.  We are gradually building up the stock in the freezer this way on.  We do not eat meat everyday.  There are quite a few simple scratch meals in there as well but I do try and maximise the use of meat wherever I can.  My step son came with us on our trip to the Butchers, and I had expected his wife to come too, but she decided on doing a spot of baking whilst he was out of the way.  When we got back there were a couple of fruit scones and cheese scones waiting for us and very nice they were too.

We had the Crab with some fresh miniature Cottage rolls with butter on which went down very nicely washed down with a glass of cold water.

I then set too and packaged up all the meat and fish for the freezer and labelled it and got it put away safely.

For tea we have had some cooked Cornish pasties on their own and have some fresh Strawberries and cream to have later on.

I had hoped to sort the work room today but that has just not happened.  Maybe tomorrow will be different but the heat is just too  much for me.

Am going to water up and then go and chill in a dark room if I can.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts