Sunday Catch Up

I am loving this hot weather but it is far too hot for me and I am simply not sleeping.  That is what happened yesterday after going to bed early with a migraine type headache.  As a result I ended up going to sleep when I should have been getting up - I just crashed and ended up sleeping late.  The headache is still hanging and I have kept to the house for most of the day even though we have the fans on it it still horribly muggy.

We have had Rib of Roast Beef for dinner served with fresh Asparagus, carrots, spring cabbage, roast potatoes, broccoli and Yorkshire puddings.  It has gone down well and then we have had Honeydew Melon for pudding just served simply on its own.

We have good news about Missy, in that she has started working more like she used to do and is not scratching so much either.  The pain killers and the anti-histimine between them seem to be keeping everything under control.  We also have her on a joint care product which we discussed with the Vet and she said it was good for her to be on and to keep it up.  From only wanting to walk for a few yards and then be carried she is now happily walking around the playing field and is a lot happier in herself and is walking without a limp.  It would seem that the Vet has found the right solution for her but we will see what she has to say when we go back to see her in a fortnight or so.  She is moving far more fluidly and easily and wants to play silly B......... and have a rough house as well which is something she has always done but in recent months this has been absent.  It is nice to have a happy little dog back again.  We know we are not out of the woods with her but quality of life and being comfortable matter to us most as she is such a sweetheart and good natured little dog.  You only have to look at her on a down day and she makes you smile.  Animals are so good to us and love so unconditionally it is the least you can do for them when things are not quite right.

I am desperate to get out into the garden but with the heat being as it is - it is far too much for me.  Tomorrow I intend to get into the garden first thing for a couple of hours when it is cooler and will start chopping up that big pile of Ivy I chopped down the other day. 

I will have another early night tonight as well to see if I can shift this hanger on of  a headache.  Am going to watch Knightfall again in a few minutes.

Catch you soon.


x


Comments

Popular Posts