Saturday 4 July 2020 and some goodies for the Pantry

Started early and we went to Ramsey to the fish van.  Came away with a kipper for me (tomorrow's brekkie with some bread and butter), a crab each which we had at lunch time, some cray fish, some Crevettes.  There was not much by the way of whole fish this week.  It is how the cookie crumbles.

We then went over to a little butchers just over the road from the fish van and bought some gammon steaks which we have since had for tea with pineapple.  Also bought a joint of beef for tomorrow, two meat loaves, two rib eye steaks, and a steak pie.  This has nicely topped up the meals for this week.

Also in the Butchers, I spotted the following items to top up the pantry shelf.  If I like them will look for recipes with a view to making my own sauces and canning them if at all possible. This is what I ended up buying.

I am very fond of Pimms (the drink).  I saw this and thought would try this out.


This is a yearly treat for myself.  One of my little indulgences served simply with Croissant or bread and butter.


No Roast Pork joint is complete without apple sauce or Crab Apple Jelly.  I have not come across this particular company before.




OH is fond of mint Sauce I like Mint Jelly.


Now these are the new sauces I found so we shall see how we get on with them  The first is a Jalfrezi Curry Sauce.



We are fond of a mild Chilli as a mid-week standby.




An original pasta sauce I use this in all sorts of dishes.



And finally a Korma Curry Sauce.




I like to try other people's preserves really to see if I like them and If I do I try and recreate them for my pantry shelf.

On the way back from Ramsey we called into The Harvest Barn Farm Shop and found lots of goodies there.  Have bought fresh veggies, some fresh broad beans, some asparagus, a large head of broccoli, some new potatoes and a big bunch of carrots with tops intact.  They have really put a lot of effort in since we last visited and there was a really good selection of products to buy.  I also have a variety of other fresh veg to choose from as well.




This is a passionfruit Meringue which is ginormous.  This is going to take some tackling.




We then took Missy walkies, and then came back to the house.  I have been pottering in the dining room doing a bit of sorting out.  Still a way to go but I have been busy.  Didn't you know there is no peace for the wicked.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts