Time Alone

I have had some space to myself today as OH went on his first official fishing trip of the year.  His son had been pestering him for weeks to go fishing with him.  Needed some one to one time with his Dad.  I eventually persuaded him to go.  He has come back having had a good day.  The sun has really got him and especially on his face and knees.  He has Panda eyes as well.

OH has been a fishing nut since the age of six.  He was a match fisherman, fishing rivers, drains and local competitions at which he was pretty successful. He also worked for many years in the fishing trade selling fishing equipment to the shops and private lakes. He then went off the fishing for a bit and has in the past 15 years or so been predominantly fishing private lakes and waters where you have to pay a hefty fee for the pleasure of so fishing.  Today he has been to a local set of lakes where you just pay for a day ticket  Apparently he had quite a few fish.  I have in the past been Fly fishing in my own right with him, but I do not have the patience he does and I cannot hack the cold. I have also done a little bit of river fishing but mainly to keep him quiet it really is not my thing.

Whilst he has been out I ventured into town as there were still a few bits I needed for the van.  However I did not manage to get everything I needed as I could not carry it home.  The trolley was full so will go back during the week to collect the rest.

I bought fruit in Waitrose.  Was meant to get back but did not get there. I needed more salt and some Lavender plants.  If I get time may nip back tomorrow.  Want the Lavender for the front garden.

I went to the £ shop and found lots of bits in there including some spray paint for a couple of projects I have in mind.  Will share more on that another day.  I do have to go back there though this time specifically for the food section.

I also paid a visit to Wilkos.  When I went last time they did not have any stain remover powder that I add to my wash which fortunately they had today.  There were a few items for the van from here but I have to go back for some other bits here as well.

I also bought a bit of tinned stuff today from B & M to kick start my Tinned Can Pantry section.  Yet again will have to go back to get some more bits squirrelled away.  I had wanted a trolley when I went in but had to use a basket as they did not have any available. There were good prices on Branston Baked beans, tinned fruit Mandarin Oranges at £0.50 per tin, jellies, and I bought three salt grinders for £1.60 each filled with Himalayan salt, white, pink and black.  Tinned salmon and Tuna, I bought a can of Ye Olde Oak ham (always useful in the pantry for emergency sarnies or visitors - also nice with home made chips).

I popped into to Holland and Barratt specifically for Arrowroot but they were out of stock.  I have bought Malt Extract, Porridge Oats, Spelt flour, Black Poppy seeds, veggie powder and a couple of other bits and bobs.  All useful stuff and all adding to a soon to be re-stocked pantry.  This way round I am able to keep tabs on the pennies and getting useful stuff to be added for good eating.

I have a whole load of preserving to do over the next few days including Strawberry and Rhubarb jam, Strawberry jam, Blackcurrant Cassis, Plum Jam, Long Keeping Mint Sauce, Tarragon Vinegar, Rosemary Salt, Souper Mix, Dried herbs (various), frozen herbs, various, Apple Sauce. Bottled Apricots, Bottled Packham Pears in syrup, Piccallili, Plum Chutney.  Looks as though am going to be up early again in the morning as we have the fish man to go to as well.

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Gosh, that's an awful lot of preserving you will be doing. I'd be shattered after a couple of days of that! You will more than enjoy your holiday, that's for sure. Enjoy your crafting whilst hubby is fishing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts