Tuesday Day 4 of our Holiday

We had a very chilled out day. It was muggy and warm.  OH decided to investigate the fishing and I went with him for a very short while. I then came back to the van with Missy in tow.  She has really made herself comfortable in the van a very spoilt Jack Russell.  She really seems to like it.  Here I have caught her where she should  not be.  The grey cushion to the side is her bed!




When I got back to the van I started looking at some of my needlework kits that I had bought with me.  I have covered these in a separate post entitled One thing I did not get right.  I will therefore not duplicate that particular post.

I must say that it was really nice to play and be focused for a good four hours or more.  I did go wrong several times with a new kit I had started and run out of thread on the other.  It was a warm day in any event and I had to open up the windows to let the fresh air in and also to cool things down a bit.

Whilst I was working away I had already started the preparations for tea,  As we had eaten so well the previous few days we wanted something lighter for tea and had fixed on gammon and pineapple for tea.  As the last couple of gammon steaks have been very salty, I decided to take the precaution of soaking the gammon steaks in water for about an hour and a half before cooking them.  I had therefore prepped all of this prior to diving into my needlework.

My companion in crime Missy was supervising sort of inbetween cat-napping and raising a quizzical eyebrow every so often.

When OH got back from his fishing - he had fished out quite a few fish including three large ones.  He said that there were a lot of fish in the lake, (there was a lot of colour in the water when I went down with him - which often indicates that there are a lot of fish in the lake.  Our neighbours were also keen on fishing and we got talking to them generally about quite a few things.  Indeed they gave some advice regarding the awning, indicating that rather than guy ropes to hold the awning in situ it would be better to have a couple of straps (which we subsequently did)  They had a lovely large motor home.

After tea, we walked Missy but also had a good look around the park - there is quite a lot of it if but it is set out in very nice little streets or areas all serviced by excellent washroom facilities and there is also a small laundry in one of the blocks and a food preparation area.  We also had a look at the pods (I called them Hansel and Gretl houses - that is what I am going to tell the grandchildren they are).  There were some in front of us and some at the back of us.  There are two birth versions and four berth as well.  You have to take your own bedding.  There is a kettle but no cooking facilities and there is an area where you can put a small charcoal barbecue.  We thought that this would be ideal for either my step-son and his partner or indeed my step-daughter and her two children to sleep in.  Although our van is large, when you have two young children their bed times are likely to be a lot earlier than adults and if they had stayed in the van with us it would have meant that we would have lost the sitting area in the van.  We thought that this would be an acceptable arrangement for both of them and still give them their own privacy.  Both of them were invited, but my step-daughter and the children are the ones coming as step-son had other arrangements already in hand.  Maybe another time.









What we liked about this site is that there is plenty of space for children to play and the children that were there were very well behaved not unnecessarily noisy which can happen.  They were all mingling in with each other and making friends.  There are also plenty of trees which I absolutely love.

After booking the holiday we came back to the van and sat out for a while.  It was quite muggy.  We then watched a little TV for a while before retiring to bed.

One thing I do love about the caravan is that it has quite large windows in the ceiling as well as all round the van.  Where our bed is in the van is situated straight under the skylight.  I was chuffed to bits as it has long been a dream of mine to have a home with a large bedroom but with a glass window in the roof itself so that I could stargaze from my bed.  I never dreamed it would be in a caravan though.  For me this has meant that I can relax and just stare upwards watching the stars before nodding off to sleep.  I have always had my head in the clouds but now I could see the stars.

TBC

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I can tell you had a wonderful break. Lovely to be able to sit and sew for hours on end (I must take note as I DO have the time some days!) It looks and sounds a great site, well thought out. When we camped at Cheddar a few years back (for the HUGE car boot sale there), they had a few of those pods on site. They looked very cosy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts