Guinea Fowl for Tea




If you have never had Guinea Fowl before and get the opportunity to try it do so.  Guinea Fowl tastes to me like chickens used to taste years ago when they had a lot more flavour.  We tend to buy our Guinea Fowl locally from Willowbrook Farm in any event; it has though been a while since we had one.  They also had Venison in as well as other game so may well go back later in the week and get some of this too.  Thinking Game Pie here.  Yum.

With Guinea Fowl, I tend to cook it exactly the same as I do a chicken.  Now I have the Ninja Foodie, I am going to try cooking it in this.  If the chicken is anything to go by that we had earlier in the week it will be the ideal way to cook this.

Update:

I cooked the Guinea Fowl in the Ninja Foodie and it was delicious.  Meat was nice and tender and did not dry out.  Cooked for an hour on 170 degrees C.






I love Pheasant too; it is a favourite, however not hung under any circumstances.  No way.  My family have always eaten Pheasant unhung.  My Nan always used to cook Pheasant with chicken, roasted, although the Pheasants were always cooked last as they do not need long in the oven.  Nan would then lay a slice of chicken, then a slice of Pheasant and continue layering this until she thought that you had a decent serving, depending on your age, size and appetite.  Not only do the two meats complement each other, but it was a good way of making small portions of unusual meat go a lot further.

I intend to serve with peas, mashed potato (passed through a ricer), some roasties, peas, cauliflower, carrots and broccoli.  I may do a couple of sausages as well and some stuffing to complement.  We then have a cherry pie for pudding with custard.

So very much looking forward to my tea this evening.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

P.S. There are photos to be incorporated into this post unfortunately Google does not seem to be downloading them very quickly.  Will update post once they are available.

Comments

Popular Posts