Ninja Foodie Roast Chicken for Tea



We have had a moochy day today as I have not been firing on all cylinders again.  OH needed to go to his local fish lake as he had participated in a raffle and won a prize which we had to collect.  So we called in there on our way to Harvest Barn Farm shop for a few more bits and bobs.  We needed something for tea, so I bought chicken and some veggies (veggies for tomorrow) and some other bits and bobs including bread buns, picallili, veg, chicken and beef stock in tins

I am slowly getting to grips with my Ninja Foodie and it is fast becoming very much used in my kitchen. Please note that this is not an advert for Ninja just a personal opinion. Their equipment is well built and does last. 

I have gone off piste a little with the recipes and at the moment I am using the bake/roast function on the machine and just simply roasting the chicken whole.   I set the machine for 190 degrees C for an hour and the chicken is completely cooked and lusciously tender and very tasty. We have been buying the Grasmere Farm chickens recently as we have found them to be really good quality.  There is normally an offer on of two birds for £11.  The breast meat is quite substantial on them. We shall then simply eat the roasted chicken as is served with some bread and butter of if himself fancies it with some home made chips also made in the Foodie they are lush. 




Update: We had the chicken in buns.  It was lovely and moist and was well browned.  This was just using the bake/roast function on the machine.  It has not been air fried at all.  Some of the best chicken we have had in a long while.

Terra, just to let you know that the machine I believe is available in two options.  The one I have is the larger one as I do a lot of preparation etc. for the freezer and also a lot of other cooking.  The machine is very heavy and substantial and does not move very far but we are very pleased with how well it works, how well the food comes out.  Stewing meat is lovely and tender with pressure cooking and it will be ideal for making pie fillings in bulk as well.

It has the following functions:

  • Pressure cooker
  • Steam
  • Slow cook/yogurt
  • Sear/Saute
  • Air Crisp
  • Grill
  • Bake/Roast
  • Dehydrate

There are two lids.  One fixed one which is on all the time and a pressure cooker lid which is completely separate.  There are a couple of grilling trays ad a crisping basket.  There are also optional baking pans to fit as well,  Make sure that you get the most for your money as they are a considered buy but very much worth it. 

Tomorrow I intend to make chicken stew from the the meat remains which will be well padded out with various veggies.  Then with the bones I shall make chicken stock for soup later in the week. I am hoping that I will be making a lot of my own stocks in the future on a much more regular basis and intend to can them for the pantry shelf,  Home made stock has so much more flavour and so much more goodness especially when fighting nasty bugs.  Chicken soup is also very good for the soul either as a substantial soup with plenty of veggies or cream of chicken soup to ring the changes.

Right am off to potter have some posts to complete and some projects to work on.

Hope you are all keeping safe 

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You make the Ninja Foodie sound so great, I am going to read up on them and see if one would suit me. I cook for one person, so one whole chicken would be a lot, I guess I could freeze half. I like the idea of the Ninja Foodie, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty Pan, I came back and thank you for the added notes on the Ninja Foodie. I am guessing you baked the chicken for an hour, then maybe air fry ? to make it a bit crisp? I am still intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terra, one of the reasons OH wanted this machine was that it does air fried chips and also you can air fry the chicken. Last night I just used he roast function to cook the chicken. This automatically came up with a temperature setting of 190 degrees C and a time period of 10 minutes which is pre-programmed stuff but not for chicken. I set the cooking time for 1 hour (on a lot of the programmes you can adjust temperature and timing). I was not sure whether the chicken would be cooked and so had the option to add further time. You can check on progress using all the programmes apart from the pressure cooker just by lifting the lid. The only thing I did was to turn the chicken over so that both sides were evenly browned. I did not use the air crisp function on this last night. This was just for the roast/bake function. However I could have air crisped if I had wanted which would have taken about another 20 minutes but I chose not to as the chicken was so moist and tender and beautifully cooked. When I get a piece of new equipment I like to put it through its paces after making at least a couple of meals following instructions to the tee. I shall if there is any meat left later (which there is at the moment) make chicken stew which is one of my mum's recipes which is ideal for using up leftover chicken and making a heartier meal in this colder weather. Take care Terra Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts