Tales of Ironing Boards, Passionfruit, Plums, Beetroot and Mums

Just before we went on holiday and just as I had finished the bulk of the ironing, the ironing board collapsed on me and I hurt my back.  It collapsed downwards unexpectedly and ended up jolting my back with me holding the iron in mid-air.  How I caught that I am not sure.  

I am now at the point where I have another batch of ironing to do and needed the ironing board.  OH agreed to take me to Dunhelm and I had a good look around.  There are a lot of nice things in store and I shall pay another visit again soon.  Lots of nice decorations in and lots of lovely household items such as fluffy cosy blankets, curtains etc.  Now I have a colour in my mind as to what I want in the dining room, I am also looking for some potential curtains.  Just looking at the moment, trying to draw the threads together in another direction.  Weaving dreams.  However despite all the distractions I did manage to stay focused and obtained my ironing board which is primarily what I went for.

I have also seen a very small ironing board which will be ideal for my crafting and using upstairs and for taking on holiday with me in the van.  I already have a little iron in the van.  Lakeland sell this so might get that later on in the week.  Anyway I digress.

I have also treated myself to a set of digital scales for the house primarily for baking.  I have a set in the caravan and I like them.  I also purchased a couple of condensation boxes (we get a lot of condensation in the kitchen and the bathroom).  I also spotted a couple of storage jars which I think will come in very handy on the preserving front and for the pantry; they also joined the shopping trolley.  I then found  a brush for cleaning the gas jets/nozzles on the cooker.   It gets tarred up and is difficult to clean so I am hoping this will work. I also bought a few more tea towels as the dishwasher has packed up.  

I also bought a couple of ceramic egg trays (I already have a couple and was looking for a couple more to join them) to store the eggs on the pantry shelf.  I do not keep my eggs in the fridge (which I do not have at the moment but that will happen soon - we have already picked out the make and model) so that will be ordered shortly.  As long as they are in a cool place they will keep well, but make sure that they are not stored near things such as garlic or onions as the egg shell breathes and you could end up with a peculiar flavoured egg if you do do this.  I have had a couple of run ins recently with eggs and the cats so this will be better for everyone involved.

Once we got home I paid a visit to the Co-Op for some petit pois, and some milk as I had a fancy for a hot milky coffee which went down very nicely. Despite being bright out it has been a little chilly.

I then nipped over to the veg shop and came away with four bowls of passionfruit with about 10 passionfruit in each bowl to make some passionfruit goodies with.  I have in mind passionfruit gin, passionfruit curd and some passionfruit juice frozen in ice cubes to either use as a sauce on a pudding such as ice cream this is lush and very simple.  Cost £4.

I also came away with 2kgs of purple plums to make some plum jam Cost £2.

Next up was 2kgs of fresh beetroot to make pickled beetroot with. £1.50 a kg = £3.  I am going to cook this in the slow cooker so that I can get on with other goodies whilst this is cooking.  I may get some more of this as OH is also a Beetroot fan.

They also had some Mums (Chrysanthemums) and so I came home with four of those.  If they have any left tomorrow I may end up getting a couple more.  They are only small but should with a bit of care grow up to be adults and hopefully will have them next year to put on a proper show for autumn/fall.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.  This is what I am planning for. I bought two yellow ones and two purple ones.  These are something I have been meaning to buy for a while.  My Nan always had these in her cutting garden. These were £1 a pot = £4.

Total £13 all in.

I may go back tomorrow for some pears and other bits and bobs.  Friday is normally their top up day for the weekend.

I should also have a bag of potatoes delivered next week as well so I am slowing drawing different things together.

That reminds me I need to go to Waitrose or some bits and bobs.

So lots of goodies to get on the go as well as all the other bits and bobs I have in line.  Well it will keep me out of mischief.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I hope your back is well today. I think your mums will be pretty around your home. Can we have too many flowers? Probably not. The passion fruit creations you plan to make sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts