Today

Has been a lazy day for a change and I have been able to spend time researching projects and writing the beginnings of posts or notes to fill out later on.  I find that sometimes I cannot find the words to express what is going on and at other times there is no stopping the words flying onto the paper.  This is what has been happening today.

In any event I am grateful of the respite of a day to myself no matter that I had planned to do a load of stuff but that will have to wait for once until tomorrow.

It has been a tad chilly today and so I have kept to the house.  Tea was simple enough as we had Italian Sausages with roasted mixed veg (including, potato, courgette, carrot, red pepper, onion, shallot, leek, butternut squash, sweet potato and it was very tasty.  I cooked it in the Ninja Foodie and it was all done and dusted inside an hour. Normally when I do it in the oven it takes a good couple of hours.  Thinking bills here.

In any event it was very much enjoyed and has gone down very well indeed.  No masses and masses of washing up to do.

The Foodie is not something that I had looked at buying.  I was hanging my nose over an old fashioned pressure cooker and also an Instant Pot.  OH when he decided we were having the caravan had already thought about the cooking side of things and came up with the idea of having one.  It was only seeing what it could do and potentially do that I came to the conclusion that it is a useful piece of equipment.  Certainly in my household.


Here are some photos of our tea.  This time I remembered to take some which I do not always manage to achieve.

The raw mixed veg hand prepared by mois.



After adding in the Fennel Sausages which I layered on top of the veggies after they had started to caramelise.  I then added a third layer of sausage on one of the metal racks as I had also bought coiled Italian Sausage which I love.  This is just full of sausage-meat with no Fennel seed in



The coiled sausage after cooking being split between us.




All ready to eat and it really was yummy.



There is another portion for tomorrow (with the chick sausages each), however we could not manage anymore today.  It will keep though.

I am off to do some more pottering and some research.  I have loads to do over the next few days including some experimentation on a project I have long wanted to have a go at.

Hope everyone has had a good day and keep safe wherever you are.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts