Nice things for the Table Metal Ware

Serving ware seems to have gone out of style with the younger members of society however I still love to entertain and decorate things nicely no matter what the occasion, and I have over the years managed to acquire a lot of beautiful items.  Some of them I have inherited, some of them I have collected and quite frequently I have found nice items in the Charity shops, auctions, and also Ebay.  I thought I would share some of these with you in the run up to Christmas.  This particular post focuses on metal ware. With candlelight on the table the flickering reflects itself in the metal ware and creates a different kind of atmosphere especially in the winter months and mire particularly Christmas.

Going round the Charity shops on a regular basis has given me a feeling for the things I do and do not like.  Sometimes I am not able to afford pieces when I see them, but seeing things means that I actually remember that this may be something that I would like.

When I first got married over 40 years ago and not to the current partner, I was bought by my Mum's younger sister a folding metal cake display stand and this is something I have to this day.  That particular one is in storage at the moment not sure which box but I did acquire a second one which I found at the local Charity shop.  It folds up for storage and then splits out for the plates.



I have also inherited metal ware trays from my mum.  This particular one is a nice one in that it has feet and so I can use it as a tea tray or indeed as a display piece.


Similarly, I found this metal armed tray complete with detachable base which would be ideal for serving sweetmeats or fruit on the Christmas table.




And a further dish.  This one is the largest one and I have two more in the same pattern somewhere.



Do you use proper display items at Christmas as a rule.  this year being terribly different of course.

When I was growing up it was a regular thing especially on Sunday afternoon tea. I have several nice pieces that have inherited over the years and when they are used memories come flooding back of those no longer with us.

A lot of the time I drag things out to give them an airing and make things look nice.  The best part of the metalware trays and bowls is that they only need a wipe to clean them.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. I like the metalware items you have. I do set a fancy table on the big holidays, I like some sparkle on the table.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts