Leisurely Thursday

 Today has been a leisurely one on the grounds that we needed to relax after a hectic week trying to get sorted for the boiler people to come in.  Not a moment too soon me thinks as we  today for the first time this winter have snow.  It has been falling for the past hour or more and seems to be getting heavier.  Unfortunately we have had rain prior to that and if it freezes tonight which is forecast it will do, then it will be nasty in the morning.  I know a lot of you have had snow at least two or three times but here in Peterborough we tend to be low laying and only get the snow if it is bad everywhere else in the villages particularly surrounding the City.  It is always pretty to look at.

OH has been looking online for a wall TV stand for the TV in the study/craft room and I have found one but he is umming and ahhing about it.  So shall try and pin him down later on.  I want to get this room sorted and tidy and ready for practical use such as my crafting.  I am itching to get going asthere is a lot I want to get done this year.  I have told OH that I want the house sorting by the time we go on holiday again. If we are allowed to that is).  So there is a lot to accomplish.

I am in the kitchen sorting out more things.  I now have hot water and am very pleased to have this as it has been extremely hard work getting stuff done with just the kettle for hot water.  However it was a means to an end.

The house is now warming up, however we still need new windows on the back of the house so we shall wait and see what happens about these.  I think they may be done sooner rather than later including a new back door.

I intend to carry on with the sorting out it needs doing in any event and I will be able to keep track of things a little better at the end of the day.  There is a lot of decorating to do as well.  I am hoping to get back to my cooking in the next few days.  Now the house is warmer I am going to attempt the bread again.  I also want to do some preserving and also some cake making. I enjoyed what I did at Christmas.

Lou just to let you know I found another one of my Roses tins whilst I was clearing.  So that will be going into the pantry too.


I also need to retrieve my seeds and get them sorted at some point.  I know where some of them are the rest are in the bedroom that I have just put a load of stuff in and I cannpot get to them easily.  It will happen.  Just need a finer day or two so that I can get into the garden and tidy it up a bit more in readiness for growing stuff this coming year.

Right need to get a wriggle on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts