Bit of a catch up

 I have not really had a very good week as I have not been well for the past couple of days.  This time not to do with what I have eaten or not, but the outcome still the same.  It seems that when I bend at all it is putting pressure on my hernia and in effect creasing me.  I am going to have to lose some more weight - it will do no harm.  I will get to the Doctor shortly.  All my other instincts seem to have been right, but on further investigation some of my other conditions could be impacting too.  Its like a large jig saw puzzle where you put things together bit by bit.  Well I did say I would probably have to go back to the drawing board at some point. I cam only learn what is best for me by trying different strategies.  I am blowed if I am going to let a condition affect my quality of life.

As a result of not being well, I have not really felt like cooking either.  I have gone on to light rations.  For instance this evening I have had some bought chicken soup and some bread and butter and that has been enough.  Fortunately no side effects either.  Tomorrow morning for breakfast, I quite fancy pancakes with mixed fruit.  For mid-day I may therefore try some scrambled egg for lunch tomorrow.  I think the trick for me is going to be eating smaller meals; as I have said it will do no harm.  Hopefully in the next few weeks or so I will also be able to leg it into town, have a walk round and then walk home again.  Walking has always been a good exercise for me.  I shall put the steps programme back on my phone again to keep track of things.

Since my computer was hacked I have run security software for the past few days.  Initially it got rid of three unwanted intruders and then today the security popped up saying that there was a low risk problem and so I have had to run the full scans again.  However, I am still having issues with my emails.  I seem to be getting some emails but not all of them.  Have followed their instructions as required but not sure quite what is going on.  So if you email me and do not hear anything it may be because of this.  To tell the truth it is doing my head in.  I am also blocking any suspicious senders.  From what I can gather there seems to have been quite a few people who have been bothered in the last month or so.  They obviously do not having anything better to do!

I have also started making a list of my passwords as I keep forgetting them and in light of the recent problems I have had I do not think that this is before time.  I will get organised one day.

Just because I have not been cooking does not mean I have not ordered some new bits and bobs to try this time on the Charcuterie front.  That delivery is due tomorrow.  Will post up further details tomorrow. We are fond of Charcuterie as we are of cheese.  

OH I think is also going to take me to Johnston's of Old Hurst tomorrow as well.  It has been quite a few months since we last visited.  It is my preferred butcher for Green Back Bacon (no preservatives in it) and I do like their sausages and sausage-meat as well as meat generally although it is a bit pricier than some other places.  However they do produce it all themselves including rare breeds, venison, emu etc.  They actually have the animals on the farm in a mini park.

I am also hoping to get out for a walk with OH over the weekend.  I am after nettles this time. Apparently dried nettles have much more vitamin content in them than spinach and are meant to help the immune system and some of the conditions I have so I thought that I might give this a whirl and see how I get on.

In all honesty I have not done much but rest up and sleep and play on the computer a little bit.  I have several ideas for future posts though.  Will be working on these shortly.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Hope you feel better soon patty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, very slowly getting there. hope you are keeping well too Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Sorry that your Hernia has been so painful. I hope you can lose a few pounds and that may ease things.

    Enjoy your trip to the other Butchers.

    Dried nettles are meant to be good for reducing inflammation too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, I will get there I do not give in that easily. I was ddoing a bit of reading on nettles the other day which is what made me decide that I wanted to dry some and use the powder in various things, probably on a daily basis. Any inflammation in my system can impact on the digestive system as well so this was another reason for trying them out. I also though that nettle tea with some honey might also be soothing. I can but try. There are lots of things that I want to have a go at, at the moment but unfortunately cannot for one reason or another. Will get there eventually though. Catch you soon. Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts