A bit of a catchup

 Sunday

We had a lovely day taking daughter and grandchildren to our favourite Butchers which is on a local farm and part of a larger complex all set up for families.  We had a lot of laughs with the youngsters and with daughter and had a lovely time as well as getting a few bits for our holiday.  There is a walk around the farm plus play area, tea shop as well as loads of other fCilities.  We walked through part of the wood and ghe bluebells were out. Very pleasant sadly spoiled as had to leave earlier than planned due to oldest grand having a seizure.

He is ok.

Monday

My birthday another year older.  Normally on my birthday weather is usually fine but started off cold and grey.  Made sure the moggies were all set for the cattery and they had their beds, towels, grooming equipment and toys. By the time we left the house it was bucketing down with rain.  Journey was not too bad into deepest darkest Lincolnshire and the area of my birth however the Sat Nav deviated again and took us a different way.  I am going to ban it before long and get another map book. At least I can chuck a map book at him when he goes wrong.  Roads not suitable for towing caravans again.

Normally on birthdays I do a nice meal and as we had been shopping on the Sunday I assumed OH was going to cook for me for a change.  To be fair he did cook but it wasn't what I expected Beefburger in a bun!  OH well he knows how to treat a girl!

Tuesday

It chucked it down with rain for the best part of the day.  We ventured into Woodhall to do some essential shopping the sort of stuff that I keep as base items in the van so as to save having to lug them everytime down to the van.  Saves an awful lot of messing about.  Otherwise we spent time keeping warm and just chilling with me doing some prepping for making preserves later in the year.

I was supposed to cook but in the end we ended up having chipolatas in tomatoes with lots of white pepper.  It is a family favourite.

Access to internet limited so will have a load of catching up to do when I get home.

Enjoying the break thus far.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan xx

Comments

  1. Well, here's wishing you had a very Happy Birthday. My husband's birthday was Monday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a lovely break. Kathyx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts