Catch up on the Crafting Part One

Unfortunately because of everything that has been going on here this year I have not really  got settled back into my crafting.  I am hoping to do a little more on this in the next few weeks and certainly when I go on holiday to Cornwall.

Recently we did go to Woodhall Spa again and I was able to do a little more on my Hexie Patchwork quilt working some more centres which are here and before I ran out of pieces.




















There is also a selection of further fabrics to be cut into hexies and to add to the panels for the quilt.  Since this post was first typed I have decided to use the fabric in a Dresden Plate Quilt.  I recently bought a new template.


This is part of a quilt panel that I ended up bringing with me by mistake.  I need the sewing machine for this one.  I have quite a bit more to do on it.



After I ran out of suitable pieces I went back to my Crewel Work embroidery panel which I intend to turn into a cushion for my pine rocking chair which is in my bedroom at home.  I am quite pleased with how this is going and as I am going on I am getting more confident with the stitching.








I must say that I am particularly enjoying working this crewel work panel as I am learning as I am stitching it.  I am hoping to do more on this whilst away in Cornwall.

I have brought away with me several projects including some UFOS. 

It will be good to get some of the UFOs out of the way with (now lets be realistic).  The blanket/throw definitely needs completing though.

I had started working a blanket about six to seven years ago which had got stuffed into a corner in the house.  When I was getting ready for this holiday I managed to recover said blanket and I am hoping to get this one done whilst I am away in Cornwall also.  I like to have crochet to hand as it gives me something to do with my hands even when I only have limited time to do things.  Every little helps as they say. 

I am pleased to say that I have had a success and I have completed this throw.  Eureka.  I also have a similar one to complete when we go home. That has been worked in yellow, gold and cream.




I also have the basics of a couple of crochet hot water bottle covers which I can do the next bit on and then will need the sewing machine and some contrasting wool to complete it.  So as I say I can work the next bit but not complete this particular item.  I am not working from a pattern, just playing with stitches and working things as I go along.

I have also bought my Christmas tablecloth which I must get back into on this holiday as well.  Sadly that did not happen but I intend to pick it up of an evening in the rundown to Christmas.
 
There are also a few more kits including three ribbon kits which I picked up from a charity shop recently for £1 each.

I had wanted to bring my sewing machine with me this holiday but that did not happen.  Maybe another time. I have some jelly rolls to play with as well as some squares.  The squares I hope to construct in nines, although strictly it will not be a nine patch quilt as there are an array of different toning fabrics in pink, green, blue, cream and dark pink.  It would be an ideal project to bring away with me to work in the caravan.  However the UFOs need some attention first.  The patchwork will be waiting in the wings as it were.

Since completing the blanket throw, I have moved on to another UFO which is my butterfly cushion panel which is worked in wool, and unusually in cross stitch. When I initially started working this, yet again sometime back, I had managed to complete quite a bit in a very short space of time.  I am therefore ever hopeful that I can also get this one completed as well.  It has been very satisfying to get the first blanket out of the way with and would be brilliant if I can get the cushion panel finished.  To some extent I am limited to what I can bring with me to the caravan because of storage and weight restrictions.  I think what I am going to have to do is prep everything for sewing, and then bring it away with me, focusing on sewing and the patchwork and leaving the needlepoint, crochet and the embroidery at home for that particular visit.

I will report how I got along and what I got up to in the next post.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. The flower on your crewel piece is stitched beautifully. I have a couple of Christmas projects in my head which have progressed as far as notes on paper - but no cutting or stitching yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. I have always enjoyed embroidery but had limited experience of so this is really learning as I go along on this. It is not just the different stitches, it is also working your way around the design and keeping similar sized stitches which is where I go terribly to pot. Will get stuck into this one again soon. It will be a cushion cover for my bedroom. I have a rocking chair which the Butterfly is destined for but I also have a small vintage nursing chair which I think will suit this design well. Hope you and Bob are keeping well at the moment. Take care Triciax

      Delete
  2. You've made great progress - the hexie patchwork will be so pretty when made up into the quilt. I have my new daylight craft light set up, and have found two unfinished projects which I want to get on with. Must blow the dust off one of them this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In reality BB it is going to be a time consuming job at the moment. Trying to get a lot of the UFOs done so that I can concentrate more. I really need the dining room table clear so that I can cut more pieces. How are you getting on with the new craft light and which one did you go for in the end. I could do with one. I keep looking xx Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  3. The hex quilt will so lovely when it's put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hart, thank you. It is going to be one of those slowly evolving quilts because of the hand stitching and I need to cut more pieces. The table is currently full so will have to work my way round that as well. hope you are keeping well. Take care Triciax

      Delete
  4. Ooh loving your craft makes. The patchwork is coming on a-pace, and your crewel embroidery is lovely. Is it wool or stranded cotton? Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy and thank you. Have lots more Hexies to cut yet, plus there is another stash already cut which I cannot lay my hands on. The Crewel work is worked in very fine wool very like Paterna fine stranded although I am not sure whether it is Paterna. I am enjoying working this one. Have several knitting UFOs on the go as well. I knitted a scarf last year and bought wool for a hat and mittens. The scarf is knitted but not fringed and so will fringe that when I do my shoulder shawls. Then I will have the mittens to knit an a hat. Then back to the embroidery and the Crewel work if I can. Hope you are keeping well. Triciax

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts