Catching up on the Crafting Part Two

I had intended posting more than I have whilst have been away but that has been hampered with problems with downloading photos I had taken to support the post.  I currently have on download, but it seems a very slow laborious process.  So much so, I have chosen to post without the photos for the time being and will update as I can.


I took quite a few UFOs with me on holiday.

The first item was a green and white throw which is for one of my uncles.  I did manage to get this done relatively quickly and I am pretty pleased with it.  






I have another one in cream, gold and yellow which was in a similar state of play so I will try and get this particular one done when I get home.  Then that will be a job well done.

From the green and white crochet blanket/throw, I then progressed to another UFO my blue butterfly cross stitch cushion panel which was worked on a rug style canvas, unusually in cross stitch rather than tent stitch.  I more or less completed this, apart from a small section of blue on the butterfly's wings, as |I had left some of the wool at home. This is the only section left to work and I have completed it since arriving home.




From there I went to the ball of wool from the Truro Hobbycraft shop for making a shoulder/neck throw by knitting in garter stitch.  I have completely worked the knitting section and now just need to finalise by working the fringing. I must say that I am not what I call a natural knitter, however I am pleased with how this shawl has worked up. I have taken my time, and if a bit tired have stopped there and then and that seems to have made a bit of a difference.  My knitting though is driving OH up the wall who has been huffing and puffing like a good un.  I have told him to get used to it as I intend to do a load more stuff yet!



In that respect I have started knitting another neck shawl this time in turquoise blue/green/purples which wool I have had for sometime.  I had knitted it up previously but that had got wrecked by the needles breaking and all the stitches coming back off to a point where it could not be knitted up by picking up the stitches so it was scrapped and I have started it again.  I will then fringe both scarves together.




Whilst away I also picked up a ball of turquoise green wool.  When I looked at it more closely I realised I had a UFO at home in this colour, a scarf which is knitted and yet again needs to be fringed and enough wool to make a hat and some mittens for myself, so I also need to get this UFO finished.  I must say that it is very satisfying in getting these UFOs out of the way and done and dusted. It is also creating more space in the UFO box.  No doubt that will not be the situation for long as I have quite a few UFOs stacked through the house plus new projects most of which I have had for sometime. When I start off a project I am full of good intentions, but real life often stops play and then I get distracted with something else which is frustrating on my part.




I do also have a lot of antique pieces of embroidery and embroidered and cross stitch pictures already worked and which I purchased.  I have been buying up pine frames where I can recently from Charity shops usually with a printed picture in as it is often cheaper to buy frames this way although will buy new mounts for them in due course.  One of the next things will therefore be to get several of these framed and mounted so that I can have a vintage picture wall, possibly on the staircase wall as the sun does not get in there being in the centre of the house. I do not want their beauty dimmed.

So as usual an awful lot going on and running alongside everything that goes on in real life.  I am very pleased though to have managed to have done as much crafting as I have whilst I have been away.  I aim to continue this where I can.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Great progress Tricia. Why on earth would he object to you knitting though? It's not as though you're playing the harmonica whilst he's trying to watch tv! I agree with you, just carry on with what you are doing. Life is too short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB, I suspect because my attention is not on him. My first husband was a bit like that especially if I was reading. I am afraid I did/do not take much notice as I take the view that I am entitled to follow the hobbies I want to do. Just makes me dig my feet in further! Wouldn't do if we were all the same! Nil Desperandum and all that! Take care Triciax

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts