Crafting for Christmas Time to get started - some ideas and links

 

As it has been a cold and then latterly wet autumn day today I did not feel up to much on the household front despite having an awful lot to do.  I was pleased to have my cats back from the Cattery, and they have been very vocal since being back home and catching up for the three and a half weeks I have been missing.  They have been in supervisor mode as well very interested in what I have been up to as well as demanding lots of hugs, strokes and cuddles.  They are super really and I do think an awful lot of them.

As it has been horrible I have sort of been researching Christmas ideas. This is something that I tend to do every year at this time.  I ended up on the Hobbycraft site and there are tons of ideas for making stuff on there.  When you think that you have got to the end of the idea section it goes on by adding more projects.  In reality I also know that some of them will not be made this year but that does not stop me keeping a note of the pattern or link to make it next year.

In truth I have my eye on a Cricut machine.  I can see it being very useful for my crafting, and it opens new avenues with some items I already have.  I do not think that this year I will be so lucky as to acquire one, but it is very much on my "Wish List".  There are all sorts of beautiful ideas.  


Hamper

I particularly like their Christmas hamper ideas and there are also beautiful ideas for Christmas cards, clothing, wreaths etc.  


There are also lots and lots of ideas for non-Cricut items which are also very lovely.  Go on I dare you take a look.  You will be lost as to what to make first.  It is like falling down a Rabbit Hole!

Hobbycraft Crafting Ideas

Told you!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Yikes - that machine's not cheap! I will stick to my dressmaking scissors and fabrics I think!

    Glad you're getting into the spirit of Christmas. Too early by far for me yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know me BB, I love Christmas. Most dedicated equipment these days is expensive. This machine gives a little more flexibility in that you can create your own designs and projects using the computer. Its a bit like my embroidery machine and my sewing machine both of which were expensive. I need to use them more often as well. Will drag out if he goes fishing cannot get on with him about I need to focus and concentrate without interruption else I lose where I am. It will happen. I was also looking for ideas on what to do with some of the stuff I already have in house in the crafting department, using what I have rather than buying; although there are still some bits that I will need to bring in, in order to complete some projects. The cut on the Cricut is far superior to the cuts from the hand or electric paper cutters. I have loads of templates for those too. I really need a dedicated craft room where I can set everything up and leave it and just go backwards and forwards but that is not going to happen very quickly either. Catch you soon. Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts