Getting Ready for Christmas - Finding things Part 2

I was in the front bedroom yesterday, slowly starting to sort things out a little bit, which  am I am slowly inching along with.

During this process, I managed to sort a couple of large bags of clothing which will go to the Charity shop today (already gone there were three bags in the end), with a couple of other things we no longer want or need.  I have also kept a couple of OH's shirts back as there is at least a metre of fabric in each shirt, which will come in very useful on the crafting front so they have been put into my fabric stash in readiness to strip down when I get five minutes to spare. There are three shirts and they are in shades of  pale lilac, medium lilac and plum and will fit in with some fabric I have already managed to harvest for my crafting stash.  I am anticipating using the fabric towards a quilt of some sort.  I like to  bring things together gradually when I have a project and like to get all my ingredients, fabrics or crafting stuff ready and to hand before I get stuck in and start crafting.

I also came across a bag of items predominantly Christmas related which I am also going to turn my hand to.  UFOs as usual, whether they will be completed this year or next remains to be seen but they are in a box sorted ready for me to get stuck into.  I seem to be finding a lot of UFOs.

There were wreath rings, Christmas fabric, all sorts.  These are only part of what I know to be lurking in the house generally.





One of the bags had two Christmas pre-printed panels in for Christmas stockings. I think the intention was that it was meant to be a double sided stocking, but I have chosen to make it into two stockings. They are Victorian themed.  I had already cut them out.  They are a pre-quilted front but it will require lining and a backing.   




If I can pick up a red sheet that has been reduced this will be ideal for completing these stockings.  I have also found some more Christmas decorations and also lots of velvet ribbon, lace, sateen ribbon, embroidery threads, sequins, beads etc.  There are also some old fashioned clothes pegs which I have an idea as to turn them into some decorations for the tree. Thinking Tin Soldiers and Ballerinas here.  I do tend to buy up ribbons etc when I see them so that I have a choice of lovely things to work with.  I need to get some paint though for the wooden pegs.



I also found some candles on clips to attach on to the tree.  They do not light up and are purely for decoration only and give the illusion of a candle,  They are more an ornament than anything else and made of glass so very fragile. Then there is a little Christmas cross stitch kit, of a lighted candle as well as some of my old Cross Stitch magazines with projects in.  There are one or two of the projects in those magazines talking to me.  However it is a case of whoa, I have more than enough to do at the moment.  I do need to get my stash of magazines sorted so that I can find what I am after though when I have a project.  It will all come in time, inbetween times I am also weeding out those magazines that I do not want.  

I have always kept recipe scraps though, but they need sorting too.  I transplant them into see through inserts and then store them in Lever Arch files, yet again for inspiration when I am cooking or preserving.

So decluttering of a kind which is going to end up with items being completed in due course.  Still a long way to go though with the decluttering, but as I have said many times before tiz just the depth that varies.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts