Long Keeping Mint Sauce - Second Outing

I have made this Pantry Preserve for a lot of years.  It is used by OH for all sorts of dishes (not necessarily politically correct) as he just loves the Mint Sauce, I therefore endeavour to always have a small stock of this on the Pantry shelf at all times.  This year I lost quite a lot of my herb plants in the fire, so this particular batch has been bought in from Waitrose who do very large bags of mint leaves for £1.50 a bag.  I bought in two bags and have a new bag and a little bit left over from the first bag.  I have two jars full of chopped leaves and vinegar. I recently posted on Instagram that I was making this.









The instructions have been covered on my blog before and the link to them is here:

Long Keeping Mint Sauce


It is a very simple way of keeping mint sauce on the shelf.  It is an old recipe, that I have been using for at least 30+ years.

Even if you do not have access to a big bed of mint, it is worth making with shop bought mint as well.

Sorry I have to dash I am in the kitchen up to my eyes in preserving again.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts