Sunday Roundup

 Apart from the technology issues, today has been a relatively productive day.  I managed to get the pickled cabbage and the pickled cucumber all finished off.  The eggs were finished yesterday. I only managed to prepare 2kg of the pickling onions but they have been finished off as well.  Shall have a proper reveal of what have managed later on in the week.

Tea tonight was for me a delicious Steak and Stilton pie served simply with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was extremely tasty and lots of meat in the pie.  Not a big pie, but about three times deep as a standard pie so plenty in there.

Tomorrow will be a chutney kind of day.  I have already prepared the Green Tomato chutney as it has to salt overnight.  I shall also make the Ratatouille chutney. The pickled peppers I did not get to yesterday. However they are destined for tomorrow as well.  So it is going to be a very busy day.  

May get the chilli jam done tomorrow and the chilli jelly started.  I am aiming to get at least one preserve done a day at the moment or at least prepped ready to make the next day.

The mincemeat will be started off tomorrow as well. I would mention that I intend to make a day of it.

So Schedule so far is:

Monday:

Green Tomato Chutney

Ratatouille Chutney

Pickled Peppers

Start Chilli Jelly

Make Chilli Jam

Start off Mincemeat

Tuesday:

Finish off Chilli Jelly

Check on the Mincemeat

Peel and brine the 2kg of Pickling Onions

Make Ale, Onion and Thyme Chutney

Wednesday:

Make Lemon Curd

Make Orange Curd

Make Christmas Puddings

Start Rosemary and Apple Jelly

Thursday:

Make Christmas Cakes

Finish off Rosemary and Apple Jelly

Pop in the Slow cooker Apples - Apple Butter

Pop in the other Slow cooker Pears - Pear Butter

Friday:

Bottle Pears

Start of Piccalilli

New Batch of Supermix to make

Pumpkin Marmalade

Reveal of the Preserves made this week

This of course is open to revision.  I have a lot of household things to do in and around the house, as well as a pile of ironing and some items may well be made early in the morning or later at night.  The ironing may get done first thing as it is a relatively quiet thing to do.

Just the depth that varies.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I don't know where you get the time to do everything Pattie! I wish I was coming to your house for tea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts