A trip to the Butcher

 On this grey and cold winter's day where the wind is blowing a hooley and even the dog is not impressed.  When you travel into the Fens it is as if you can see for ever and today that was a big grey blanket that went on and on and on and it was not warm and comfy.

We did not need much at the Butchery Department but have come away with two Steak Burgers, 1kg of Stewing meat, 1kg of Beef mince, some sausage meat for more sausage rolls., and old English Chipolatas and a potato chipper!

We have the Steak and Chips for tea tonight and I am planning on doing a big double pot of stew later in the week, with a Cottage Pie and a Lasagna. The chipolatas will either get used for breakfasts or in a Toad, depending on how his lordship feels at the time. Sausage-meat is for some Sausage rolls.   All good solid warming and hearty meals for the rest of the week.  Something to keep the spirits up with this awful weather.

Whilst out we stopped and had a meal at the Farm Shop.  OH had a Brunch meal which included sausage and beans etc.  I had some Broccoli, Cauliflower and Stilton soup, served with half a French Crispy Baguette and it was lovely.  I love soups and would eat more of them but OH is not a soup person.  I do make for myself but not as often as I would like.  I am quite happy with a bowl of soup and some bread for a meal as it can be very warming, comforting and filling.

We got home about 3pm.  We had left mid-morning, not particularly early and the afternoon just seems to have run since then. I just did not have a clue what the time was.

I have also been doing some research for some future projects that I want to try next year, but which are going to take quite a bit of planning and plotting and learning on my part.

We have had steak and chips for tea tonight as planned.  Quite tasty and filling.

Where we are in Peterborough it is cold and windy, but not as vicious as it was the other week.  I do hope everyone is keeping warm and safe wherever you are.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts