Another gorgeous Spring Day

I was shattered yesterday I think predominantly down to the change in hours and went to bed earlier than I normally do.  It was a fitful night's sleep but at least I got to rest which is the main thing.

Have been out for a walk again this time with a friend to put the world to rights, and to enjoy the lovely weather and nature and her company.  Just the sound of the birds singing and watching all sorts of insect life enjoying the good weather can be a balm for the soul, and in many cases is all that is needed to restore mood and hope.

OH had delivered me down to where we walk, so I have not over-extended myself.  He also came to collect me, but before going home we also walked Her Highness Missy.  I am now sitting for a while, and enjoying a cup of coffee; a speciality coffee that my step-son bought me for mother's day including an individual Cafietiere.  The coffee is from the Bob Marley Plantation and very nice it is too.  These days I cannot drink strong coffee but this is a nice medium blend with a little tang to it.  Very quaffable.  

Then I set too, and started this evening's meal, a Rib of Beef, which I cooked gently on a base of chopped onion, with two tablespoons of water. This was then cooked with a lid of foil on the top.  Half way through, I took the foil off, drained the liquid out of the pan and set it aside for the gravy and let the meat stand for a while.  Then I got the roast potatoes and parsnip on the go and then browned off the joint, once the roasties had started to brown.  I then took the roasties and meat out and set about making the Yorkshire pudding. It all came up very well indeed.

I served with shredded buttered cabbage, mashed potato, peas, carrots, broccoli, green beans.  G had roasties and parsnip and then the Yorkshire pudding with lashings of gravy.  Went down very nicely too and the best bit is we have a duplicate meal for tomorrow night as well.

I am now shattered and have my feet up.  It has been a busier day today and will be another busy day tomorrow.  I have a load of washing and ironing to do

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts