Beautiful Sunday morning

It has been lovely from really early on this morning.  I woke at 6:30am and then nodded off back to sleep again. I seem to be doing that a lot just recently.  At the moment, the birds are singing their hearts out, the sun is out and despite living in the town, as it is Sunday it is not as noisy as it usually is.  Even the 60+ year old parrot who lives a couple of doors down is out in the garden.  Singing his heart out.  His owners, put him out regularly in the good weather.  He talks to himself and mimics various noises he hears and it can be quite entertaining listening to him.

I am sorry I have not been around for a few days; unfortunately I have had a slight hiccup following the gall bladder surgery and have sustained a severe infection.  

I was having an awful lot of pain in my left hand side, across my stomach and part of my right side which was tantamount to the discomfort and pain sustained just after the operation.  It was worrying for me, as for the previous ten days or so I had been pain free, things were healing on the surface and I had come completely off the pain killers.  I have a relatively high pain threshold in any event and am not keen on taking medication generally, but I am realistic enough to know when I do need assistance.  I also had pain radiating up my back especially at night when I was trying to get to sleep. Complications can arise from the type of surgery I had, and as they had difficulty getting rid of the gall stone itself, I thought it best to get this checked out as my inner voice was niggling at me.

I rang the Doctors and it took me all morning to get through to the surgery as they were up to the maximum calls in that they could deal with. I rang about 10 times. In the end I was lucky enough to get through and a telephone appointment was arranged with one of the GPs.  Not my usual GP, who is familiar with my case, however I was grateful to be able to get to speak to someone.  I indicated that I thought that it was some kind of infection, but she indicated that the symptoms I related to did not throw up any of the usual tell tales.  That is not surprising for me, as I do not always know when  my temperature has escalated, or indeed when I have a water infection as I get none of the general indicators.  Give her, her due she asked whether I was open to taking a sample in, which was arranged and executed.  A couple of days later, I received a phone call indicating that there was a course of medication ready for me at  my local chemist.  Since then have been having two pills a day for a seven day period and I am a lot comfier than I have been.  These things are sent to try us. I am not ungrateful and very lucky to have received assistance so quickly and I am here.  It is just I never have made a good patient, I am not really complaining, but I get frustrated and  I am always in too much of a hurry.  I hate being restricted at all.  It does not sit well as I always have and will continue to be independent and being reliant on others does not sit comfortably with me at all.

I am hopeful to get off down to Cornwall in the next few weeks for our first sojourn of the year.  I have been itching to get down there for ages.  Think at the moment it will be in early May, just after my birthday, so a lot of stuff needs to be sorted beforehand.  

At the moment, I am trying to get four things a day sorted out, doing a little each day if necessary on the bigger projects that need to be accomplished before going away whilst still adhering to the restrictions of the surgery and being sensible.  

This time around, I intend taking my sewing machine with me and patchwork material.  I hope to accomplish some patchworking sorted out or at least the start of it. I have a few simple kits which I can learn from as I go along.  I also want to take some other projects with me including embroidery and needlepoint and knitting so that I can enjoy the surroundings near me.  It is beautiful countryside just outside of Launceston where we are staying. We are near the top of a hill, but it is proper countryside, tiny little lanes to navigate and lots of hidden places where it is lovely and quiet and I can let my creative side fly and explore its surroundings and push the boundaries.  However, most of all I am craving the peace and quiet, the opportunity to focus, on my crafting and on other things. Maybe will be able to start meditating again properly.

For the past few weeks I have been wearing tracky-bottoms and sweatshirts to keep me warm and comfortable during the healing process.  Not street cred, but comfortable and very practical.  Now I need to inch my way back into my jeans.  It is a period for self-care and getting myself squared up a little bit where I can even if it is just sorting out my hands and nails out, getting my hair cut or restyled.  Every little helps to make me feel a little better about myself and hopefully build my confidence a little which is never too good at the best of times. I do need to lose some weight though and I have started doing some gentle exercise mostly lower back and upper arm work at the moment. My back has been playing up a little bit with all the bed rest! Middle bit will get to in due course and of course that is where I need the most work.

Right am off to potter.  For tea this evening, we have a Roast Rib of Beef served with the usual suspects.  I am very much looking forward to that.

Now I have a hot date with the kitchen.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you have had some problems after your op. I hope you are feeling better now. I have a similar problem to you, I do not get the usual symptoms, however cloudy urine is my indicator that I need medication. I have an appointment for a bladder scan to make sure there is bot a problem. Enjoy Cornwall. I wish we still had our van but the the gardener in residence we would only ever be able to go out of the growing season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. Hope you get to Cornwall soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I'm glad you phoned the doctor and got some meds for the infection. Now, take it easy, don't overdo and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts