Ping!

 It would appear that I have pushed my luck with my back.  It is in spasm at the moment, yet I have a lot to get on with.  Everything keeps going wrong in the sense that each job is taking a lot longer than it should do due to something happening or finding more problems to deal with as I go along and it is a case of having to deal with them otherwise they cause further problems.  Nip it in the bud as they say.

Yet more stuff has gone to the Charity shop again today.  There will be more to go tomorrow.  I intend to have tomorrow night off and then if I am up to it on Saturday start sorting the kitchen out.  I have a couple of large plastic containers which are getting on my nerves which are full of top up foods that I have bought a bit at a time.  They really need to be ensconced in the pantry and so do the bread bins. I have a large roll top Bread Bin, a large Box Bread Bin, a Terracotta Bread Crock, and a Large Enamel Bread Bin. However I do tent do store my bread flour (if  bought in bags) in here.  I then have my bulk bin of Extra Strong Bread Flour. However a major sort out is required so that I can then source any missing items that are still needed for the Pantry shelf.  The Pantry also needs decorating out.  Just white, but it needs freshening up and perhaps a glass globe light shade and some non-slip stuff for some of the shelves (I have this but needs to be fitted).

I use large sweetie jars in the Pantry on one wall of the Pantry.  Bulk items like Pasta, flour, sugar, rice, etc are stored in these.  The jars are not cheap but are ideal for bulk storage.  I also use some of the shelf edgings for drying herbs and hanging things off.  This Pantry is what I refer to as a "Dry Larder" as veggies do not keep well in it. It is not as big as I would like, but at least I have a small Pantry. Potatoes therefore go under the stairs where it is chillier and I keep onions in a rack as  I go through these quite quickly.

 I also need to get some of my dried items into the Pantry as well as they are cluttering up other valuable space.  I will get there, just have to do a bit of self-care and not get there as quickly as I had hoped.

From there we will be back in the Dining room as the fireside cupboard which should have been done is also going to be painted out.  Then I can get stuff in that needs to go in there and forget about it.

My front room is also going to need more work than I anticipated.  Oh well, Tiz just the depth that varies.  Tomorrow is time off though.  Will rest up, perhaps have a snooze and then maybe get to a little crafting. Hopefully will be able to start again on Saturday.  Need to get my back right before I do anything further.

Not sure whether will post tomorrow or not; if I get chance I will.

Take care and keep warm wherever you are. Temperatures today have not been very high here today.  At 6pm it was -1  degrees and is supposed to be down to -2 degrees overnight.  Late in the week down to -5 degrees.

As I say keep warm and safe and feed the wildlife or leave water available for them.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. My computer told me -4 when I came down this morning and is still reading -3 (outside of course!) We put the shutters across in our bedroom last night - keeps the cold air of the window from getting into the room so readily. Baking today I think. Rest up and I hope your back is better soon. Keep hardening your heart against all your stuff. I had to do that when we downsized especially with wool stash and quilting fabrics. Just kept the best and 3 big bags of fabric went to my Quilting teacherfor her to make charity quilts with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts