I have been rootling through my recipes and came across this recipe which I used to make when I was a teenager. The recipe was originally given to me by Janet whose children I used to babysit on a regular basis and she originally came from Somerset.
3lbs cooking apples
12 pts water
1. Chop apples and remove any bruised parts.
2. Place in a white plastic container with the water and cover with lid.
3. Leave for 7 days stirring twice daily and squeezing the apples occasionally.
4. Sieve the apples and add the sugar and grated rind, juices and chopped remains of the lemons.
5. Leave for one day then sieve this time preferably through muslin.
6. Bottle in Lemonade Bottles/cider bottles - this should be ready to drink within 2 weeks.