There's a Hooley Blowing

I thought yesterday was bad - we had dark skies and torrential rain with a very hurly burley blustering day.  The rain cleared and we had blue skies from about 2.00 p.m. and then the wind howled all night.  It was quieter this morning although got a little rough again and we thought the worst of it was over, but it has started with a vengence again this evening.

Earlier in the evening I was out and about with friends and the crescendo of the wind howling has increased whilst we have all been together.  Some friends have travelled some distance so I do hope that they have got home safely.

I have been meditating since I got home - I have a lot on my mind at the moment and to try and regain focus on what is important I meditate.  Sometimes just listening to music - other times using guided Meditations.  This evening I have listened to a guided mediation in an effort to calm myself and make sense of what I want to realise.  I have had an incense stick burning as well as a candle and have meditated by the light of the candle.  The cats have been with me both sprawled very interested in proceedings although not too keen on the vanilla incense.  They are both nodding as I speak both warm and comfortably sprawled.

The wind has got worse whilst I meditated and its time I made my way up the stairs - I have my hottie bottle to prepare to keep me warm overnight, but it seems this night's lullaby is not to be something soothing like Brahms but a hooley in full swing - I hope I get some sleep as I am in need of it - I have had a splitting headache for the best part of the day and all I really need is some peace and quiet.

I do hope that wherever you are if there is a hooley blowing that you will keep safe - please take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog.
    By the time I read your Wed. posting, you were snuggled in your bed and hopefully getting some sleep.
    The wind and snow we had yesterday has been long forgotten because today was beautiful, bright sunshine, calm winds and no additional snow.
    Hope your headache is gone and you are bright eyed and bushy tailed for Thursday.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind has been bad overnight here as well, hope that you managed to sleep and that you're feeling better and calmer no.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your meditation brought you some peace and guidance.

    Best wishes,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Pattypan! I popped by to get 'caught up' with your happenings. Sorry you have had such crazy weather. I'm hoping 2012 brings you all you dream of! So glad to have found you last year and I'll be reading! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautifull written, I just found you today from my friend Marie's blog, I'm your newest follower, best wishes from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horrible out there again today here, I don't think it's let up since about 4pm yesterday :(

    At least we're warm and dry . . . and well fed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kadeeae

    Hope you are keeping well. It was really bad here last night gone midnight and it was still raging. Carried on until the early hours and then dropped and then blooming started again just before I went to work. You are right about being warm and dry and well fed. We are the lucky ones.

    Take care dear friend

    Tricia (aka Pattypan)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laurie

    Welcome to my blog glad you are enjoying reading my rumblings. Lucky you living in Canada. We were supposed to emigrate to Canada when I was 15 - it didn't happen as someone made a mistake about me. They then told us we could go but we had settled back down. We do have or did have extended family living in Canada. My grandparents took in two refugee sisters Rita and her sister and Rita married a Canadian Ernie and settled and had a family. We sort of lost touch after my grandmother passed over a few years ago. Canada would be on my world tour if I ever won the lottery. Look foward to reading your posts and happy reading

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Toni

    I am glad I found you too. Happy New Year. Love your blog too

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie

    I am glad I did my meditation. It gave a lot of relief and I ended up having a decent nights sleep as well. Meditation always calms me down, trouble is I never want to come back.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rowan

    Its still a little rough here tonight although not as bad as last night. Its colder here tonight as well. The meditation worked and calmed me down and I got a decent nights sleep which was the main thing. Hope you and yours are keeping well.

    Take care my friend and I hope you have a Happy New Year

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia

    Glad the weather has eased up for you and that you have had a brighter day. Glad to hear you are getting on with your quilting. Please keep us updated with photos as I love seeing your work it is so beautiful. I am going to have a go shortly as I love the end products.

    Do you have the knitting needles on the go for the new arrival?

    Take care and look after yourself dear friend

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the weather has died down like it has here... We'd not slept properly for a few nights, as our windows & doors were banging & rattling, but it must have calmed in the night & we both slept much better! So lovely to wake up this morning to absolute peace & no rain, so I dashed down to the beach to get some much needed fresh air!

    Have a good weekend Pattypan!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts