I thought I would try and keep a weekly record of the things I manage to achieve during the week - whatever that might be as some weeks I just don't seem to get anything done and then I don't feel so good. So rather than dwell on what I have not managed to achieve I am focusing on the positive of what I have achieved. In other words my glass is half full rather than empty. In any event this is what I have managed to achieve this week - I haven't done so bad after all especially with me working full time.
FOR THE GARDEN
- Weeded the Herb garden.
- Pruned the Bay Tree.
- Dried the Bay leaves for future use.
- Cleared overgrown tubs and put new compost in.
- Potted up some fence hangers with citrus thyme.
- Started to plant herbs.
- Planted passion flower (a blue one).
- Tied in the vine.
- Wooden planters built up and ready to plant (courtesy of OH).
ON THE PRESERVE FRONT
- More Beetroot pickled.
- Apple pie filling processed.
- More bottled pears in syrup.
- Cherry Brandy.
- Dried Flat Leaved Parsley.
- Preserved chopped basil in oil for the freezer.
- Dried the Chestnut mushrooms.
- Dried the fresh pasta.
- Flat leaf parsley is bunched up in its dust cover drying naturally.
- So is the dill. Dry this to use with my smoked salmon.
- Chillis. I have strung these on a kebab sticks this time round with a string hanger and they are drying off the dresser. I always dry my own chillies. They are primarily used in my pickled onions. So it is well worth doing this.
I have also had cooking, washing and ironing to contend with as well as a couple of evenings out and despite the fact that I don't like mornings.
Feeling quietly chuffed.
Catch you soon.