New Blanket

After leaving work my fingers were itching to do something and so contrary to what I said earlier in the year I have started a blanket/throw just to keep the fingers active and busy.  They need something as they are not now typing every day.  I use my hands a lot for different things so I do not want to lose the use of them.

I was going to call it my freedom blanket but now feel more appropriately that it is my blanket of dreams.  Each of the colours means something to me and I am blending the colours as I go.  Dreaming as I go.  The inspiration for the blanket came from a ball of variegated wool and I have added solid colours in similar shades to that wool together with cream as the neutral blending colour. It is still in its early days but I am pleased with how it is working out thus far.  The patterning because of the rainbow wool is also more random a pattern for me.  But I like it.

As most of my rugs throws (well the smaller ones anyway) I usually start with a ball of wool or part ball of wool that needs using up and then either use what is in the stash or buy in odd balls here and there. It is easy to do with a stripe basket as you can within reason work out what you need and how much you are using for the set of stripes.  The colours I have chosen are pretty vibrant -not using all the colours of the spectrum but using colours I already have in use in the house or with items already made. The other idea is that I can pick it up and put it down when I find myself with  few minutes to spend.  I have been trying to work 4 rows a day - it has not always happened due to real life getting in the way or me being too tired but it is slowly growing.

Here are some pictures of the Work in Progress.  So far I have worked 14 sets of stripes.  I am not sure which way on the stripe will go on the finished blanket.  I will see how it turns out and then make my decision then.  I can always add a few extra rows.






I may also add a few slightly different shades i.e. deeper or paler of some of these colours that are within the random shaded wool.

There is no finish date with this blanket but if things go to plan I would hope to have it completed by Christmas but we will see!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Love the blanket Pattypan, I am playing catch up with blog reading, sorry to hear about your redundancy. It can be devastating but your reaction sounds positive. You have lots of skills that will keep your hands and mind busy. If you are job hunting I hope that something worthwhile comes along. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty that is Tricia. I love the colours you are using. I need to sit down with some crafting too, as I shall be watching the racing this afternoon and relaxing. I need to get on with the sashing on Tam's quilt too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, its never easy but I am welcoming this as a new opportunity and a start and possibly to set up my own small Reiki Business and probably a couple of other things to support it so that not all my eggs are in one basket as the saying goes. I think the timing is right for me but there is still a touch of sadness after so long with a company but I am ready for something new although absolutely terrified that it may all come tumbling round my ears, and that I may not be able to sustain a reasonable income but unless I try I will not know and it will be a learning curve in any event. Hope you are feeling a little bit more with it. Hugs Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi BB

    I love the colours too. just feeling the colours as I go and blending them I hope to good effect. The random wool to some extent is dictating this. You make sure you rest missus - especially after everything you have been through of late. An afternoon curled up doing Tam's quilt sounds lovely. Would love to see it when you have finished. My rocking chair has arrived after a semi-crisis with the charity shop who could not get the van out of the rear of the shop as OHs car was there (not the only one) but we were the only ones he could locate so got that sorted. When I came back in the electric had gone (we use a prepayment card and have done since OH was last out of work as we can make sure we keep tabs on it and keep warm) so I have had to sort that out. I was half way through cutting the front hedge by hand when they arrived! Oh well upwards and onwards hope you manage to get that much needed rest. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts