Christmas Traditions a little magic for the Littlies

On my travels on Pinterest researching different things I have noted of late that there are a couple of new traditions that families are taking up with as a regular tradition in their households.


One of these is the Night Before Christmas box which I think is utterly charming and very much a family based Christmas event so I can see why this has taken off.



This seems to be a continuation of a custom that my mum and dad used to do.  We always had new pyjamas to go to bed with on Christmas Eve, but this gears it up more towards today's children.

There is a link here on how to do this 


It is from Susan's blog "Oh my Creative".

There are lots of other options though.

The other one that tittled me was the "Magic Elf seeds" that the littlies have to plant on Christmas Eve and when they wake up on Christmas Day it has turned into a Candy Canes/Sugar Pop cookies.  Its a little bit of innocent pleasure in make believe which for me is always welcome.  Here is the post I came across when initially doing some research for something else.


And here is the link to East Coast Mommy's blog.  There is a letter for the kidlets from Santa with a rhyme in, but for copyright reasons she has asked for that not to be reprinted anywhere without her express permission although you are welcome to use it for your own children/grandchildren. A lady who believes in encouraging her children's imagination.  How super.



It is lovely to know that a proper childhood is still there for the taking. Encouraging imagination makes a child fly in all sorts of areas.

I am still a firm believer though in  the writing the Christmas list custom and letting the list go up the chimney if you have a log burner or open fire and on Christmas Eve a drink and a snack for Santa Claus i.e. a drink of Port and a Mince pie used to be put out for ours and of course some carrots for the Reindeer.  I think it is a charming custom.  One post I saw on Pinterest actually left the outline of footprints on the carpet (dusted with flour) for the kiddies to see the next morning.

I have also seen the custom of Santa's key.  

Are there any different customs that your family follows.  Love to hear from you.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts