Tearing up the carpet

The Stair carpet that is.  Its been on the cards for a few months but I just had not been able to get to it.  The hallway is in the middle of the house between the lounge and the dining room no windows in it and very dark and is the only thoroughfare up to the bedrooms.  Today it got on that one nerve too much and I have gone in like Bessy Bunter and torn it all up.  It is now packaged in bin liners ready to go down to the tip.  I now have to wash everywhere down to get rid of the dust.  It is due to be decorated but need to speak to OH about this as it needs a certain amount of rubbing down and filling in and painting before the main decorating can be done.  The back of the carpet had disintegrated so there was dust everywhere.  Now its stripped I can see what I am dealing with.

Missy in supervisor capacity


I have just stopped for a coffee break.  Have loads more to do yet before the washing down commences but I am getting there and starting to feel as though I am having an impact somewhere.  I shall continue on through the afternoon and into the evening and get as much as I can done.

From there will then go into the dining room as that is also a main through room which needs desperately sorting out.  Also needs decorating.  I have some wallpaper but need to get an anaglypta that can be painted to make it all nice and clean.  I am not going to spend too much.  Just need it to be tidy and clean more than anything else.  There is also the under the stairs cupboard that needs stripping out and organising and also the fireside cupboard which needs sorting out as well.  Will do both of those once the main room is sorted out and been given a good wash down.  I am planning on getting tidy first and then stripping each room one by one.  Want this all done and dusted before Christmas.  So a few weeks where there is going to be quite a bit of graft.

Right upwards and onwards.  Here I go again.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Gosh, I think you must have my get up and go today Tricia! If the floor is tidy, you could probably get away with replacing that carpet with a long rug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same problem with the stairwell. We got round it by having solar tubes from the roof installed. Now it is light and bright. Good luck with your renovations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts