A little pique tongue

We are a lot luckier than most but needless to say things have been going a little pique tongue to say the least this last week.

It started with the heating not working. We thought it had been sorted out but have since found out that the leak that we could not locate was in fact on the backside of a radiator and that is in the process of being put right.  I knew my suspicions were right and I was in the right area to find said impediment.  My instincts are normally right despite being pooh poohed by other half.

Since then my TV which was originally my mother's has packed up.  OH being too impatient for everything as it needs to be done yesterday (he is in the middle of a meltdown bipolar wise things are tough at work and he can only see his own perspective).  Despite that  whatever I do is not right and I get blamed quite a lot as I do not live up to his exacting standards! Never mind I have my own issues.

Needless to say we have a second TV  - don't know what he has done but that and the TV which had packed up are on top of my desk (the big one should be on the wall).  There is no talking to him at the moment so I am just letting him stew and getting on with things that I need to get on with.  Even the dog got yelled at poor thing.

He will get out of it but time has to be taken.  

It is not easy living with someone with bipolar!

Don't worry I have yelled back and am okay.  I have learned a few techniques over the past years and he does not get molly coddled or allowed to get away with it.

It is a condition that is severely misunderstood and people think that because you joke and laugh and appear to be more than okay that everything is hunky dory.  However in reality a light mood can turn on a penny.  He is either laid back and the life and soul of a party or terribly manic and there is no time for anything. That is why it is often referred to by its common name of manic depression.

There is a long line of people in his family who have this - his only manifested itself after he lost his Dad and his Mum in a 13 week period (in reality his grandparents but they adopted him) when he was small.

Does anyone else have a bipolar member of the family and if so how do you cope with it!  It would be interesting to exchange notes. He is now sleeping it off.

Hey ho it all makes life interesting.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

Catch you all soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Pattypan, I hope people give you some useful suggestions in the comments; I don't have experience with bipolar but I can understand how it is stressful for the spouse or other family too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts