Pleasant Day but Chilly now

It has been a lovely day one where I met a very good friend for a catch up and a natter.  I always enjoy my time with her.

After I left her I went for a quick wander around town.  I went into TK Max for a quick scout around one never knows what one can find in there.  

They had some Christmas china in there at reasonable prices which I was quite taken with. It is by Johnson Brothers and entitled appropriately "Twas the night before Christmas".  I really like this.






They also had the Spode Christmas tree, which yet again I really like.




But equally I love the Portmeirion Holly & Ivy.  I really like this one.


Equally though for the past couple of years I have been eying up some china in John Lewis which in fact is by Spode but called Ruskin House.  They did a matching table runner, cloth and knapkins which I quite liked.  I had hoped to buy some this year but they have changed the pattern.

This is the Ruskin House



I was only window shopping but they do have some lovely designs around.  I do not have a Christmas set at all. When I get myself sorted out a bit it might be something to treat myself to in the long run.  The prices for the dinner plates were £5 each in TK Max but they did not have the Ruskin House.

All of them are beautiful. It does not cost to window shop but it does give me ideas.

After that I went up to Wilkinsons as I am in the middle of sorting out a lot of washing and a massive ironing pile.   I needed some more Astonish Stain remover from there.  They sell it at £2 for a large tub so I came away with a couple.

After that I skipped through M & S looking at their Christmas decorations and the lovely displays set up.  They seem to be really selling a lot on the Christmas decoration front as a lot of the ones I was looking at were not in stock.

Then to John Lewis and to their decorations.  They have some lovely ones as usual.

I walk mostly everywhere in town.  However today has been heavy going on my hip and back probably because of the cold.  But I kept at it and came back via the Waitrose store.  For the past few years I have sourced quite a lot of my decorations from here.  They have some lovely ones again for this year which they had just got in today.  Some of the prices are a bit whoo out there but the items are lovely and do last. So I have had my fantasy fix for today.  Now to meet reality head on next week.  But hopefully tomorrow my foraging expedition and then a preserving session afterwards might just help me on my way.  Keep your fingers crossed that it is a bright morning suitable for such a foray.  According to the weather forecast it is going to be warmer than today.

Right had better get on still have some things to do.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I've been collecting Spode Christmas tree since I was 12! And that's a long long time ago...it all started with a butter pat dish in my stocking, I now have 18 place settings, with a ton of boxes, vases, bowls, platters etc. Today at the thrift store I bought a huge gorgeous Spode Christmas tree cookie jar for $8.00 Cdn; which I think is a bit less than 5 pounds..hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lefting, that is an early age to start and I thought I was early buying a little cruet set at the age of 15 The Spode Christmas Tree is lovely though what I call a universal design. That was a bargain for the cookie Jar very nice find. I have not got a proper Christmas set so it would be nice to start collecting one when things are better - possibly next year will have to wait and see. It sounds as though you love putting things together and adding bits here and there just as much as I do. Take care. Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts