Monday, Sausagemeat and Tomatoes

Has been a long and quiet day.  Very cold and I was decidedly below par, I think due to the Raynaud's attack I had yesterday, my hands have hurt quite badly today and have felt bruised on the inside.  As a result today has been spent watching some You Tube videos on how to make various things,  research for future projects.  We have both been covered over with a throw with Missy snuggled up underneath it as well.

I had planned on having a repeat performance of yesterday's dinner tonight but OH requested that we have tomatoes and sausage.  As I had said items that were easily to hand and that is what we had.

It is not a complex meal.  What I call soul food, comfort food - one of my mum's repertoire.  Basically it consists of a couple of tins of plum Italian tomatoes that are not chopped (although you can use them) I prefer to use the whole tomatoes as the colour is better and I think the flavour.  Mum always used to do with good quality sausages either chipolatas or full sausages.  On this occasion I had sausage meat that needed using up and so made sausage patties out of them and then after cooking them separately in the pan then adding the tinned tomatoes and a liberal sprinkling of white pepper mixed in with the tomatoes until piping hot.  Serve with plain bread or bread and butter.  Very quick to prepare and just what the Doctor ordered for tonight.  Yesterday's meal will not go amiss - he will have the meat in sarnies for his pack up tomorrow. and the veg will be turned into bubble n squeak which will go with some small gammon steaks which will be having for tea tomorrow night.  Things have a habit of working out one way or the other on the meal front and achieving minimum waste is always uppermost in my mind.

Tonight I plan on having an early night although I shall do a little more on the unfinished needlepoint UFO before going to sleep.  

Tomorrow I am going to play (I hope) fingers crossed and all that jazz.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts