A few finds

I have been busy again today shifting boxes from the Unit and have brought the boxes home.  We have another day of shifting tomorrow and then hopefully everything will be back here ready for me to go through and sort out.  I thought I would share the contents of one of the boxes I have bought home today with things I have found at car boot sales, charity shops etc.  As I mentioned before I have themes  for a lot of my rooms for the dream house.  I quite like different pieces and I am particularly fond of this cat.  I assume it is a toast rack but it could be something else.  In any event it is very decorative.  It does need a little touch up of paint though.  It is how I bought it.




I also found this mini egg hutch painted with chickens on a blue background.  



There is also a small cupboard with wire mesh in the front and this has chicken reliefs on it.  I only paid £1 for this and I don't think I paid more than £2.50 for some of the other items.  I sort of have a chicken/farmhouse style for the kitchen.





I also have some pine Goose bookends for some of my cookery books for the kitchen also.

The vintage ship in a bottle is for the bathroom seashell collection.



The home sweet home plaque also appealed. 


Some lovely stuff anyway.  Will share some more another day.

It has been horrible and windy and cold here today and we have popped the heating on as the wind is blowing in the wrong direction.  Not sure which way but the house is always noticeably colder when it is windy like today than on other days.

I have also found a few  more needlework kits and charts I had forgotten about, plus lots of vintage linen which is in due course going to be recycled into useful items for the house.  I love vintage items they have a charm all of their own.  Many of the pieces I have are embroidered but I also have a lot of whitework items also.

Right coffee break over must get on as another busy day tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts