Sunday Roundup

I am not doing too well on the kitchen front.  It is going to be another couple of days at least I think.  Oh well Rome was not built in a day.

However I did in all honesty do some potting up first thing before going into the kitchen.  My seedlings have their running shoes on and I have had to transplant quite a lot of them out.

I have more compost saving to do in the week and I have all the pots that are still full of compost stacked up so that I can work my way through them.  As OH on earlies I shall get up with him and have a session each morning until I get it done and dusted.  My Pattypan squash, Basil were planted up in pots today.

I also located some of the new pots for the fruit trees and also some other long planters which I had thought I had lost.  I am for the time being going to be planting salad leaves, radish, onions in them so that we get a return on salad veggies.

In between everything else I am when I can get the garden damped down will start digging the garden.  Then the rest of the crops can go in like my pumpkins, marrows, beans, runners, etc can also go in.

My cherry tomato baskets are also to be planted up.  So a lot to do all round.  But do you know I really am enjoying the growing as much as the cooking and to some extent I think I am finding myself a little more.  Lets just say I have plans for next year.  However a lot of hard work will have to go on at the bottom of the garden to help that to breathe life.

It has been very muggy today.  The sun was out first thing and has been in and out since then.

OH has tackled a couple of jobs for me but he has a list and as he is on earlies during the week I am hoping he gets some of them done during the week.  In fairness a couple of the other jobs that I need him to do for me he cannot get into the kitchen to do and is dependent on me completing the kitchen.

OH has rigged a temporary washing line for me.  It has been lovely to have the washing in fresh from the line it smells wonderful.  Am just waiting for the duvet covers to finish washing and then they will be out too.

He has also cooked Sunday lunch on the Barbie but it was delicious.  A chicken and pork pie with steamed vegetables cooked in foil with lashings of gravy and baked potatoes and it was delicious.

I am not sure where today has gone otherwise.  Perhaps it has come and gone because I have been so busy.

So back to the grind.  Smile Patricia smile and keep your chin up.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts