Honey I am home

I am home, after a lovely time out at Stamford Meadows Antiques Fair today.  Rain had been forecast for approximately 1pm today but it was here for about 9:30am, just gently spitting.  It stopped and then we had a wander outside before it started tipping down at which point we went into the tent.  There were lots of lovely displays today particularly French ware items.  My friend bought a very unusual pottery cat with a flat face which was a long ornament the body of which you could pop things like Elizabeth Shaw mints at Christmas.  She also bought two little bowls with a chicken relief border on.  Both will look super in her intended kitchen revamp in due course.  

There were simply lots and lots of pieces that I would have loved to have bought home.  However I am still downsizing.  Once I have it under control a little bit more then I might start buying carefully selected pieces every so often.  I am still wading through everything and am getting there ever so slowly.  It will happen given a bit more time.  I have been seeing a lot of individual furniture pieces just recently which I have been quite taken with.  However on a practical basis I have no room as yet.  It has however been a productive time as I am starting to sort out the style and sort of pieces I am interested in without jumping in and blowing a lot of money.  One day I will get an opportunity to collect a piece here and there.  

After the Fair we went out for Sunday lunch which was very nice.

Its a wet and moody autumn afternoon here and I am starting to get things together in readiness for the shock to my system tomorrow.  Grit the teefs Tricia (sorry BB I am using one of your expressions) and get stuck in and do what I always do.  I have now had my freedom for 14 months now time to get stuck in and reclaim my professional life. It will be doubly hard after the freedom - just the depth that varies.  Howver I am in a mixed way looking forward to it too.  

Off to potter again.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannieuk, very much appreciated. A little nervous because it is all going to be strange but looking forward to as well. Hope everything is going well for you too. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you and sending very best wishes for tomorrow.
    Pam in Texas.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. A bit apprehensive but in a strange way looking forward to it. Fingers crossed and toes plaited it will be okay. Was in last place 22 years but Rome was not built in a day. Hope you are keeping well. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts