I am in the land of the living

However have been extremely busy.  This week is a longer week as I am out of the house earlier (an hour each day more than last week). As a result of being in early I managed to sit quietly with one of my colleagues who also comes in at about the same time and whilst we were chatting I managed to do some crochet so at least I got to play a little bit. My shift is until 5:00pm.  It is nearer 5:30pm before I get home depending on traffic and I have to cook tea etc.  (no different to a lot of ladies I know) but this is a new routine and I am trying to make things work for us so that various (important to us) issues are covered each day.  Like having stuff in for pack-ups (OH is in charge of those) and getting laundry done, and clothes available to us both; food, animals, dealing with correspondence and other issues etc.as well as trying to cope with housework etc.

It has been a good day at work; I am slow in learning, but once I have learned I am pretty usually okay across the board.  I aim for accuracy rather than speed.  Accuracy then builds speed in the longer term from my own perspective.

This evening I have typed up a set of documents that I hope will help me with my new work from precedents I have been given fine-tuned somewhat to my style.  They of course will be open to further revision.  I tried to print them out to take in with me tomorrow but the ink has died on the printer so will have to arrange for a refill.  

After the weekend break I had a bit of a block to start with and then remembered what I had been shown.  I have also learnt more about the codings and what they mean which was also worrying me somewhat.  I was deciphering them this morning which I was pretty chuffed about. It is early days yet and Rome was not built in a day and no doubt I shall make mistakes as I go along, but I am keen to learn and am enjoying what I am doing at the moment.

Tea was chicken Kievs and chips (Monday night scratch tea) followed by Strawberries and cream which were yum.  I bought them from Aldi yesterday named "Wonky Strawberries" which amused me but they were rather nice.  Think we might be having curry and rice for tea tomorrow night; another quick tea and then another lot of "Wonky Strawberries" for pudding.

I am going to have to have an early night as I need my sleep.  OH and his partner in crime have been out for the count for a couple of hours.  I still have my clothes etc. to get ready for tomorrow.  OH will have pack-up to do.

Sorry it is short and sweet. Please bear with me.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts