A Little Update

Thursday was officially OH's last day at work.  He is now a gentleman of leisure and formally retired.  Everyone at work made a great fuss of him,  and he received a lovely large hamper as a retirement pressie as most of his fellow workers knew he was a foodie.  Lots of lovely bits and bobs all presented in a lovely wicker hamper which will be used as a picnic hamper for the caravan.  We pick that up in about ten days time (it is having some extras added).  We also have our first break booked in the Lincolnshire Wolds.  I was born in a tiny village in this area, and indeed many of my forbears my Great Grandfather and his family worked local farms around here.  It is an area I know of but do not really know that well, but in pretty villages in traditional farmland.  So am looking forward to that and for a good look around the area.  It will also help me in my Family Tree research on Mum's side of the family.

OH is has been crying.  No he is not upset just doing battle with tonight's tea, home made spaghetti Bolognese, I think he has added too much garlic. It will surely keep the vampires away.

Friday

His first day of freedom. We nipped to the local bakery, got buns and some cake and a couple of bacon buns.  We then walked Missy down the river and ate the buns whilst we walked.  Very agreeable indeed as they were very tasty.  OH then took me shopping to Dunhelm to look for items for fitting out the caravan.  We were in there about an hour and a half and he actually stayed there with me.  He did well as he does not like shopping usually leaves me to do it alone, although he was starting to get a little tetchy on the way out.  I do need to go back for some things on the sewing front and home front.  Today everything was caravan orientated.  

We have come away with a good duvet, feather pillows for me memory foam for him.  One complete set of bedding in purple and lilac and duvet cover and purple blanket throw. Bath towels, flannels and hand towels.  Four piece crockery set, mugs, glasses, table mats and cutlery.  Some cooking pans and a steamer.  There are more items to get, but they can be sourced another day.  The touring caravan has its own bedroom and bathroom as well as a lounging area.  The model is a Bailey Unicorn Barcelona  There is a link here to a similar van the article was published in 2013 and is not where we bought it from 


For tea we decided to have a pic n mix consisting of buns, cheeses, pickles, quiche, pork pie etc.  Himself declared he would quite like some Branston pickle to go with this.  So I nipped round the corner to my local Co-Op and they did not have any so I ended up walking to Waitrose and back and ended up doing a small shop whilst I was there to stock up the pantry a little more which I am slowly doing.  It is going to take a little while though.

I bought Gooseberries today to put in the freezer.  OH is partial to them in a crumble.  Will get some more a little later as I also want to make jam.  I came away with five punnets.  Wherever I see a bargain I am trying to squirrel away food either in the freezer or the pantry shelf so that we have out of season treats during the winter months.  I also bought some French beans to pop in the freezer as well.  Once they are stocked up I will not need to do as much bulk shopping and it will predominantly be fresh veggies and fruit to buy.  However I am also stocking the freezers with some veggies as well.  If stuff is already prepped and in the freezer, the family can make a meal if the bare essentials are there especially if you are unwell or an unexpected situation arises.  So something in every pot as it were and a little forward planning.

Tomorrow we are going to the fish van for what is becoming our Saturday fix of fish.  Will probably get a little extra for the freezer as well.

We are going to the Butchers in the week as we are meeting up with some friends there.

I also have a hair appointment booked for about two weeks time.  My hair has gone hay-wire and I am very much beginning to look like the wild woman of Peterborough.  On that lasting note I shall leave you to your own imaginations.

Keep safe and well wherever you are and with the opening of the hostelries over the weekend I hope common sense prevails and that everyone behaves.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. What an exciting time for you and your husband! The caravan is really lovely, I hope you have the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lefting. We are looking forward to regular trips throughout this country to places have not been to. We should take delivery of the van next week wherein it will be put into storage as we have no drive or land we can keep it on where we live more's the pity. He likes fishing and I like my craft work so hopefully more crafting time to come. Hope you are keeping well and safe. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. The caravan looks very nice. hope you both have many enjoyable days travelling and visiting all the interesting areas near and far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, thank you, We are hoping to see some of the places in this country that we have not yet been to. OH is keen on his fishing and no doubt where possible he will choose these sorts of sites. I on the otherhand love my crafting so am hoping for more crafting time overall. Hope you are keeping safe and well. Are you still making your beautiful quilts? Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. How exciting to have the caravan and be able to have some breaks together now your husband has retired. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi BB, Am looking forward to the travelling. OH has never been to Wales so one of our trips may bring us your way at some point. Will have to see how things pan out. When I was younger we spent a lot of summers at Talybont (near Barmouth) where the water was as clear as a bell and you could see your tootsies. It is also where my Dad was whacked in the mouth by a wave which knocked out his false teeth. He was as miserable as sin as a result but kept looking for them all the same. Nine hours later, remarkably they were washed back up the beach a little way from where they were lost. The punchline is, that we had made friends with a family from Walsall who were staying on the same site as us. We only found out afterwards that the occupation of the father of the house was that he made faLSE TEETHS! Afterwards when things calmed down Dad did chuckle about the whole situation but he wasn't happy at the actual time. I hope you and Keith are surviving the bumps and are now feeling much better. Take care and keep safe Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts