IN AGONY

 Well have got to the bottom of what is going on with my health. Monday evening I ended up ringing my GP practice as it appeared my sliding hiatus hernia and my acid reflux was playing up.  I was given certain advice to make myself more comfy.  On Tuesday I took it easy but just above my belly button was very sore.  That night I did not sleep as I could not get comfy. Yesterday morning my sore belly wS joined by pain on my right hand side and I was feeling bilious again although was not actually sick.  Therefore rang Doctor and he fortunately agreed to see me.  Our favourite Doctor who is very direct, stands no nonsense and gets things sorted. very efficiently. He examined me and apparently I have gall stones.  I have been put on antibiotics and pain killers as well as being told to top up with paracetomol.  I under normal circumstances have quite a high pain threshold but this has been an absolute killer.  I have not been able to get comfy at all.  Dr ordered bloods as well which got done there and then however I wasnt as usual giving any blood up.  Bless her she tried 3 times..  He has also arranged an ultrasound with the hospital.  Apparently hospital will contact me by phone to arrange.  So please bear with me on posting until I can regain some normality. The pain killers together with the antibiotics are making me sleep a lot.

Will catch up as soon as I can.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear that you are so poorly. Gall stones are so painful but at last you have a diagnosis. Rest up and enjoy stitching your lap quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie, been in bed as feel like have been kicked by donkey in the stomach. Have not been able to get comfy at all. Been given Codeine with Paracetamol for pain 4 times a day and a massive antibiotic drug 3 times a day. Have slept a lot. Waiting to hear from hospital for an ultrasound. Hopefully will be able to get some stitching done soon but so far have not been able to concentrate. Thank u for your good widhes. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Bad news, hope you are feeling somewhat better soon.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that gall stones are incredibly painful. So glad the GP has set things in motion. Hope you are sorted soon and feeling less pain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela. I have quite a high pain threshold under normal circumstances but this has crippled me. Cannot get comfy as cannot lay on right side. Having to lay on my back with my right knee up. My GP is extremely efficient and he has already done bloods at the practice when I went. Poor nurse tried three times to take bloods but my veins were playing up and not giving much. Thank you for your good wishes. I hope you and Bob are getting settled in at Cornerstones. xx

      Delete
  4. You have m heartfelt sympathy, I had gallstones for 15 years So painful I was not sorry to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne thank you for your good wishes. I normally have a high pain threshold but have been crippled with this. The antibiotics are starting to kick in but I am still hs ing to rely on the pain mexs. I don't make a good patient at the best of times. I hope you and Edwin are coping fine and I hope you habe hzd some relief from your bad back. Take care sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well thank goodness the gallstones have been diagnosed and you at least have a path out of your pain because I'm told they are absolutely horrible to experience; I do hope you feel better soon and the meds to the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fifitr, I am pleased have a diagnosis so know what am dealing with but could do without another medical condition label! It has been very painful. I normally have a high pain threshold but this started out at a pain level of about 8 and gradually got worse. Fortunately the meds kicked in and limited quite a lot whilst my system was being overloaded with antibiotics. Hope you and yours are keeping safe and well. Tricia x

      Delete
  7. I’m so pleased that you’ve some sort of way forward then Tricia. You rest and get better. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, do not give in easily but the older am getting the more difficult it is getting to juggle so many issues hence me going back to the drawing board as it were to root basics so that hopefully everything is then working from an even level. Hope you are well tooxx

      Delete
  8. I agree with Tracy. at least you were able to see the doctor and start some course of treatment. I hpe you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa Y, have been very lucky in the reaction time with the local medical practitioners and the hospital. Am a lot more comfier than I was and we will see what plan of attack they propose after the appointment. First and only time have had this so do not know whether it is just an incident or something that is ongoing. I assume ongoing xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts