Catch up on the Pork Pie and Sausages

 

Well I seem to have got the instructions followed correctly for the Pork Pie.  It was lovely, very meaty and very moorish.  One left.  OH when he gets hold of a Pork Pie, tends to demolish it, but I did put the mockers on him eating the second one quite so swiftly.








It went down nicely with a bit of Ketchup!

Although these pies were bought in frozen, I had to cook them and add the jelly.  I actually went a couple of years ago on a Pork Pie making course at another Butcher's shop.  That was good fun and the pies really did turn out well.  Must get round to having another go.  I have my Dolly and different pie moulds - now where did I put them?





Last night's tea was the Toad in the Hole. It went down very nicely, and I served it with mashed potatoes, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, carrots, peas,with homemade onion gravy, Very tasty and proper comfort food. We both needed a good hot meal. As per usual, I have cooked double so it will be only a ping job tomorrow as I have a lot more preserving to do.

I am to deal with bottling Blackberries and Apple Pie/Pudding filler tomorrow. There will be about 10lb of fruit invested on this and I shall be using my larger jars for this purpose.

Then it will be the Bottled Strawberries.

Finally after that the Bottled Peaches.

I managed to get a few bargains yesterday.  I will never go to heaven.

I would also this weekend like to get a double batch of Piccalilli done, two different recipes. Will see what they have at the veg shop tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts