Slowly, Slowly Catch a Monkey

The bathroom is now completely stripped out, all the walls, ceiling and skirting all washed, windows cleaned, pipework washed already for painting out.  It has been scrubbed within an inch of its life. Those Dishwasher tabs are brilliant for cleaning the loo, and wiping down walls etc.  Really cleans things up and of course the floors.  Plenty of hot boiling water though.

We have an old tumble drier lurking in the bathroom which has also been wiped down in readiness for taking to the tip tomorrow. It is a bit of a performance to get it out as I only have a tiny kitchen and we have to take the dishwasher off its worktop to lift up the tumbler to get it outside.  That little task has been planned for tomorrow; failing that it will be Monday.

Have also had the washing machine and tumbler going as well throughout the day.  Been too miserable to hang it out.  Very cold.  The tumbler does tend to warm the room up though, (it is a condenser version).

Now in the kitchen starting the mammoth task in there.  A lot more stuff will be wending its way to the Charity shop on Monday too.

In between I came upstairs and asked OH to make me a chocolate (we have a Tassimo) as I needed to rest my back for a while, because of scrubbing the floor.  It always finishes me off.  So, he set too and made me one, just one major problem.  He forgot to put my cup in!  Never mind these things are sent to try us! I did eventually get one.  LOL.

We have had a duplicate tea for what we had last night, which was a Toad in the Hole, but as usual I did extra sausages (8 in all, two sausages each per meal) and veggies so we got a duplicate meal.  Lots of gravy as usual.  The leftover gravy is going into the stew. Waste Not, Want Not!

Tomorrow if it is cold, we shall be having stew to warm us up.  I can prepare it in the morning and then let it go cold ready for warming up later in the day.  I shall be making dumplings with one of my ready-made mixes.  Will have to make some more up of these as they have been extremely useful and saved me a little time.

Had to sit down earlier than anticipated as back really kicking off. I have therefore set about another two shirts, stripping them back for the fabric and saving the buttons.  Will carry on like that until I have all the fabric prepped.  Then I can start playing with the sewing machine.

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts