Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potato



I love rosemary roasted sweet potato as an accompaniment to a roast dinner. In fact its a big hit with most of my family and puts in a regular appearance most weeks. Its what I call a good padder outer. They are very simple to do and very full of flavour.

I love the flavour of Rosemary and I love to grow it in the garden and then dry it in bunches for use later on in the year. This year though I have already used up my supply of Rosemary which was put down last year so I am after some more plants to reallly stock up for this year.

You will need:

Sweet Potato about 1 per person (or more if you want plenty). Peel off the outer skin and put in salt water quickly as otherwise will start to go black and discolour until all the sweet potatoes are prepared. Then cut into cubes. I then drain on kitchen paper and put into a hot pan of pork dripping/goose fat or a light olive oil. Sprinkle with dried rosemary or fresh if you have it and toss all the sweet potato and rosemary in the oil until well coated. Add a pinch of salt and then cook until golden brown.

To ring the changes occasionall add some whole cloves of garlic to cook in with the sweet potato also.


Enjoy

Comments

  1. Tricia, this sounds like a must try for me. There are still plenty of sweet potatoes, and reasonably priced, in the stores so I am going get some for next weekend's roast.
    I will have to also get some Rosemary too.
    Thanks
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts